Author Topic: is Bill O'Reilly done after the sexual harassment news?  (Read 3779 times)

Offline JannTosh

is Bill O'Reilly done after the sexual harassment news?
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:54:32 pm »
what do you think?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: is Bill O'Reilly done after the sexual harassment news?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:18:53 pm »
what do you think?

I just read on Red State that a LOT of advertisers are pulling their ads from O'Reilly's show.  Fox may have overestimated his value. 

Fox thought they had a hot property in Megyn Kelly but it turns out that Tucker Carlson is proving to be far more popular and likable.

I haven't been able to stand O'Reilly for years but apparently he drew good ratings for a while.  Might have been the time slot.

Fox is sometimes too desperate to prove they are fair and balanced and they hire total losers like Juan Williams and that nasty little slut on at noon.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:21:14 pm »
I think he may be done finally.  He's been the heavy hitter for years, but this should cause his viewship to tail off over time.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:15 pm »
Doesn't this belong in general discussion? 

@mystery-ak

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 08:22:40 pm »
I think he may be done finally.  He's been the heavy hitter for years, but this should cause his viewship to tail off over time.

I think it's already starting.  He is a nasty piece of work and a sexual harasser.  I think Fox News has had enough of that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:29:11 pm »
Could be.  I guess we'll be able to tell more if his ratings begin to slide.  O'Reilly is an arrogant egomaniac to an almost comic degree. 

Didn't his daughter testify in court that she saw him throw her mother down a flight of stairs?  Whatever happens, unfortunately he'll probably be just fine.  He'll retire with his fortune and buy himself a female companion.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 08:30:37 pm »
Moved to General Discussion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »
I think it's already starting.  He is a nasty piece of work and a sexual harasser.  I think Fox News has had enough of that.

lol. Fox News got someone like that elected President.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 08:59:29 pm »

I ditched FOX when they became the "Get our boyfriend elected" network.

Frankly I think a lot of the "right wing" media is in dire straits even if they don't admit it. I noticed today that Mark Levin is down under a million followers on twitter now (750,000 or so)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 09:59:06 pm »
I ditched FOX when they became the "Get our boyfriend elected" network.

Frankly I think a lot of the "right wing" media is in dire straits even if they don't admit it. I noticed today that Mark Levin is down under a million followers on twitter now (750,000 or so)

I doubt that you and I are the only ones who stopped watching FOX altogether when they're love affair began.

I would be surprised if they didn't lose a lot of serious viewership when they completely lost their objectivity.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 10:03:21 pm »
I doubt that you and I are the only ones who stopped watching FOX altogether when they're love affair began.

I would be surprised if they didn't lose a lot of serious viewership when they completely lost their objectivity.

Nope - I quit watching Fox then.  Haven't gone back. 

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 10:16:03 pm »

The final straw for me was the Rafael Cruz JFK thing. They didn't even ask any follow up questions. They just sat there nodding like bobbleheads with concerned looks on their faces. Hannity just turned to outright lying.

Personally I think they just went running off chasing what they believed was a huge alt right base of support when in reality it was a projection from overseas and now aside from a small core the alt right has pretty much disappeared.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »
Nope - I quit watching Fox then.  Haven't gone back.

No reason to watch them.  No reason to listen to Rush either.

It's remarkably freeing, IMO.  There are lots of other places to get news on my own time.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 11:14:32 pm »
The final straw for me was the Rafael Cruz JFK thing. They didn't even ask any follow up questions. They just sat there nodding like bobbleheads with concerned looks on their faces. Hannity just turned to outright lying.

Personally I think they just went running off chasing what they believed was a huge alt right base of support when in reality it was a projection from overseas and now aside from a small core the alt right has pretty much disappeared.

I wonder if they understand yet how absolutely brain dead they looked when they swallowed that Rafael nonsense.

I still don't think Cruz should have let that one go.  It was despicable, and Fox was an enabler.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 11:24:17 pm »
I wonder if they understand yet how absolutely brain dead they looked when they swallowed that Rafael nonsense.

I still don't think Cruz should have let that one go.  It was despicable, and Fox was an enabler.

I can't speak for Cruz, but if it had been me, I would have thought it just so ridiculous and out there that no one would ever believe that, so to speak about it at all would be unnecessary.  I bet both I and Cruz have learned since then.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 11:40:28 pm »
I can't speak for Cruz, but if it had been me, I would have thought it just so ridiculous and out there that no one would ever believe that, so to speak about it at all would be unnecessary.  I bet both I and Cruz have learned since then.

Indeed.  I wonder if Cruz had a hard time believing all the garbage Trump and his lackeys were throwing at him ("LYIN' TED!!!")  In fact, that group STILL looks at Ted as the enemy.  Very pliable, they are....

Ted should have thrown off his civility and responded to the smearing of his father.  I would guess to some, it made him seem weak.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 11:42:21 pm »

@Sanguine @musiclady

I think Ted Cruz is continuing to learn which is what he does when he feels he's made a mistake.

Did Trump Have Inside Help In Defeating Ted Cruz In The Primaries?

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/04/03/trump-inside-help-defeating-ted-cruz-primaries/

A recent financial disclosure shows that Steve Bannon was working for Cambridge Analytica who Ted Cruz hired for data analysis during the campaign. This was at the same time Bannon was using Breitbart to trash Cruz.

I don't think its illegal but its damned unethical. I'd like to see the FEC require disclosure of this sort of thing prior to elections. If you recall, Mitt Romney got screwed over by his data analysis/GOTV operation as well.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 11:45:15 pm »
@Sanguine @musiclady

I think Ted Cruz is continuing to learn which is what he does when he feels he's made a mistake.

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/04/03/trump-inside-help-defeating-ted-cruz-primaries/

A recent financial disclosure shows that Steve Bannon was working for Cambridge Analytica who Ted Cruz hired for data analysis during the campaign. This was at the same time Bannon was using Breitbart to trash Cruz.

I don't think its illegal but its damned unethical. I'd like to see the FEC require disclosure of this sort of thing prior to elections. If you recall, Mitt Romney got screwed over by his data analysis/GOTV operation as well.

Cripplecreek, I can believe it.  We know Trump had help at the convention.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 11:46:10 pm »
@Sanguine @musiclady

Not surprising.

Does Bannon have an ethical bone in his body?

geronl

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 05:44:27 am »
Cripplecreek, I can believe it.  We know Trump had help at the convention.

The whole fake outrage at Cruz after the Iowa primaries was cover for the Trump (and some Rubio) people telling voters that Cruz was ineligible at the caucuses because he's foreign. That should have been the real controversy.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2017, 05:45:51 am »
Not surprising.

Does Bannon have an ethical bone in his body?

Magic 8 Ball answers "Doubtful" and on the second try it answered "Seriously, stop it. It's not funny any more."

Offline anubias

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2017, 06:34:21 am »
I have been watching One America News Network.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2017, 11:59:36 am »

Aye.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2017, 12:12:24 pm »
Done?  Doubt it.