Author Topic: US may have no choice but to launch 'a pre-emptive strike' on Kim Jong-un's nuclear facilities, says four-star general who is close to Trump  (Read 847 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US may have no choice but to launch 'a pre-emptive strike' on Kim Jong-un's nuclear facilities, says four-star general who is close to Trump

Jack Keane, who declined to be Trump's Defense Secretary, issued stark warning
    He predicted efforts to force China into dealing with North Korea will fail
    Four-star general said a military solution was 'rapidly' becoming the only option
    Kim regime will take top billing when Trump meets Chinese premiere this week

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 06:59 EDT, 4 April 2017 | Updated: 09:36 EDT, 4 April 2017

Jack Keane, a four-star general who turned down Trump's offer of Defense Secretary, issued a stark warning on North Korea

A four-star general with close ties to Donald Trump has warned that military strikes are 'rapidly' becoming the only solution to North Korea's nuclear program.

Jack Keane, who declined the President's offer to become Defense Secretary last year, said bombing Kim Jong-un's nuclear facilities 'may be the only option left.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4378494/US-general-warns-North-Korea-strike-option.html#ixzz4dI2arQGA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Idiot

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know the one thing about General Keane,and that is he needs to be playing golf for a living,and leave politics and military actions to people who aren't senile.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I fear thousands of South Korean deaths if we do this.

I don't see south Korea approving an attack from their territory for exactly that reason.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't see south Korea approving an attack from their territory for exactly that reason.

@Cripplecreek

South Korea doesn't have nukes,and the US has no nukes based in South Korea. A nuke attack on NK would probably come from a submarine,but I'm not so sure any US sub commander would give a launch order for a First Strike. Historically the US Navy has been VERY careful about who they put in command of boomers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This seems a bit of a crude reaction in light of the type of technology assets we can use. They may need their own little Stuxnet which could bring down their facilities much easier with less of a paper trail.

geronl

If they really wanted regime change in NK, or a unified Korea, it's going to take the US, China, Russia, SK and Japan agreeing to it. An agreement to demilitarize a unified north of the present border, relinquish all nuke assets and research, make trade agreements with China and Russia and reduce the US military presence to a token would be a list to get them on board.

Of course China would end up having to do a lot of the work, their border isn't mined (as far as I know).

The younger South Koreans will face a generation of the burden of rebuilding northern Korea and competing with all these new people who do not share a lot of their recent history. I can predict some hostility erupted time to time, integration will take time.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hard to make a move on North Korea without Chinese assent.

But what would entice them to give that assent?

Hmmmm....

China's deal might be this:
- You (the USA) can make whatever move on North Korea you desire, and we won't stop you, BUT...
- In return, we get Taiwan, and YOU won't "stop" US.

Now tell me sumthin', folks:
Could you live with that?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Hmmmm....

China's deal might be this:
- You (the USA) can make whatever move on North Korea you desire, and we won't stop you, BUT...
- In return, we get Taiwan, and YOU won't "stop" US.

Now tell me sumthin', folks:
Could you live with that?

No....   many Taiwanese patriots there who despise communist, and don't deserve to be thrown under the bus for the sake of geopolitical chess.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

No....   many Taiwanese patriots there who despise communist, and don't deserve to be thrown under the bus for the sake of geopolitical chess.

Agreed, nobody deserves to be sold out to China and North Korea needs to become the northern half of Korea again.

Online corbe

Agreed, nobody deserves to be sold out to China and North Korea needs to become the northern half of Korea again.

South Korea's absorption of the North, politically and economically will be easier than it was for West Germany to absorb it's Eastern neighbor, after the ending of the Cold War, IMHO.

China's the wild card and Trump spent the primaries, and after, good or bad, denigrating them.

We'll know soon enough, with the Chinese Dictator in Washington Mara Lago this week.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

South Korea's absorption of the North, politically and economically will be easier than it was for West Germany to absorb it's Eastern neighbor, after the ending of the Cold War, IMHO.

China's the wild card and Trump spent the primaries, and after, good or bad, denigrating them.

We'll know soon enough, with the Chinese Dictator in Washington Mara Lago this week.

My dentist is Korean with her family still in South Korea. She says they don't really think of North Korea as a separate nation. She says its part of their nation under occupation.

geronl

The Chinese should imagine a prosperous, peaceful trading partner on their border without the nutcase in the middle. Plus removal of US-UN forces and probably a permanent demilitarization of present NK. Imagine all of the contracts Chinese companies will get to help rebuild (or first build) North Korea. NK has a humongous way to go to reach first world status, it will take decades and China (and Russia) is the closest source of cheaper labor and material. South Korea can't hope to do it alone, SK will likely become bankrupt for a time and have to work its way back up. China will be a huge source of resources for them.

geronl

Not economically it won't. North Koreans with assigned jobs "earn" about enough for a kilogram of rice in a month, all the real income happens in the unofficial markets that the NK government has pretty much allowed (its the real economy seriously)