Author Topic: Fox News contributor sues network, Ailes for gender discrimination  (Read 1026 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Fox News contributor sues network, Ailes for gender discrimination

Julie Roginsky alleges that Fox News pressured her to defend Ailes, and retaliated when she refused.

By Peter Sterne

04/03/17 01:39 PM EDT

Fox News’ legal troubles are growing.

Contributor Julie Roginsky filed a gender discrimination lawsuit on Monday morning against the network, its former chairman Roger Ailes and its current co-president Bill Shine. The complaint, filed with the New York county clerk, accuses Ailes of sexual harassment and Shine of having "aided and abetted Ailes' acts of retaliation and harassment."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/julie-roginsky-sues-fox-roger-ailes-236830
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

Re: Fox News contributor sues network, Ailes for gender discrimination
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 07:06:23 pm »
I'm starting to call bullcrap on all this Fox News malarky. I've been in the workforce too long. I know that when a man suffers a slight, he eats it. Many women start looking for excuses and discrimination.

It seems to me we have the classic "piling on" because they think it is fertile ground for an easy payout.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 07:12:02 pm »
I'm starting to call bullcrap on all this Fox News malarky. I've been in the workforce too long. I know that when a man suffers a slight, he eats it. Many women start looking for excuses and discrimination.

It seems to me we have the classic "piling on" because they think it is fertile ground for an easy payout.

Or it could be that the network is actually guilty of sex discrimination.

Just because some people claim something's there when it's not, doesn't mean that nothing is ever there.

Discrimination against women in primarily male fields is alive and well......... especially when the head honcho is a misogynist.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »

He musta been a busy busy guy to be hitting on all these women.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 07:22:53 pm »
Or it could be that the network is actually guilty of sex discrimination.

Just because some people claim something's there when it's not, doesn't mean that nothing is ever there.

Discrimination against women in primarily male fields is alive and well......... especially when the head honcho is a misogynist.

I remember at TOS, many declared Bill Cosby to be guilty because of the number.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »

It is, they are, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 07:46:15 pm »
It is, they are, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

People who reach that level in their careers really should be smart enough to avoid situations where credible accusations can be made.

Its really kind of what Mike Pence was saying about avoiding such situations with women who aren't his wife.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »
People who reach that level in their careers really should be smart enough to avoid situations where credible accusations can be made.

Its really kind of what Mike Pence was saying about avoiding such situations with women who aren't his wife.

@Cripplecreek

Its pretty much impossible to never have a situation where accusations (credible or not) can't be made.   Some things can be done to reduce the chances but you cannot eliminate.   Men in such positions are prime targets and always considered guilty until proved innocent.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.