Author Topic: Poland accuses Russians in plane crash that killed president  (Read 519 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Poland accuses Russians in plane crash that killed president
« on: April 03, 2017, 02:37:09 pm »
Poland accuses Russians in plane crash that killed president

By Vanessa Gera | AP April 3 at 9:41 AM

WARSAW, Poland — Polish prosecutors alleged Monday that a new analysis of evidence from the 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed the Polish president shows that two Russian air traffic controllers and a third Russian official in the control tower deliberately contributed to the disaster.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s spokesman quickly rejected the Polish claims, which seemed likely to deepen already tense ties between Russia and NATO member Poland.

“The circumstances of this tragedy have been thoroughly studied, and we cannot agree with such conclusions,” Dmitry Peskov said.

Continued: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/poland-russian-air-controllers-contributed-to-2010-crash/2017/04/03/8d3ceab8-1850-11e7-8598-9a99da559f9e_story.html?utm_term=.419afc98c69a

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Poland accuses Russians in plane crash that killed president
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:40:05 pm »
That is an act-of-war kind of accusation.  Wow.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 02:54:47 pm »
That is an act-of-war kind of accusation.  Wow.

The downing of the plane or accusing them? 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:59:00 pm »
The key here is they are saying the Air Traffic Controllers contributed to the accident. That was in the headline I saw earlier and I couldn't find the story again.

@Lando Lincoln

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 03:21:04 pm »
The downing of the plane or accusing them?

Sorry - the downing.  The rhetoric could become intense.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 03:25:24 pm »
Sorry - the downing.  The rhetoric could become intense.

Yes, it could.  There have been so many anti-Polish atrocities committed by the Russians.  Somewhere there is a critical mass.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
'Posted on this years ago - it seemed a slam dunk and had too many coincidences to be an accident.

I mean come on...the president of a nation which broke away from Russia, who openly opposes the current Russian leader vigorously and that ruthless Russian Mafia-affiliated oligarch used to run the Komitet Gosudrarstvennoy Bezopeznasti (KGB)!?!

Then the Russian government does the post-crash investigation, vigorously exclude any other entities from doing the same and then (surprise surprise) give themselves the "thumbs up" on any involvement !?!  Sure. Fine. Right.

It's ridiculously easy to force people to do things like kill someone else if you have the money, the motive and the means. The Russian Mafia is among the most effective organizations in the world for compelling people to do just that for them - and in such a way that there will be little or no evidence of the true motivation or players behind the scenes.

Just offhand I can think of at least four or five ways that someone with the power to crash that plane could be compelled to do so in such a way that no evidence remained of their action or why they did it, even if they were caught or blabbed to the international press about it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:34:37 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)