Author Topic: It's Happening: Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Ageing in Mice  (Read 690 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Researchers have identified a cellular mechanism that allows them to reverse ageing in mouse DNA and protect it from future damage.

They've shown that by giving a particular compound to older mice, they can activate the DNA repair process and not only protect against future damage, but repair the existing effects of ageing. And they're ready to start testing in humans within six months.

"The cells of the old mice were indistinguishable from the young mice, after just one week of treatment," said lead researcher David Sinclair from the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia and the Harvard Medical School in Boston.

"This is the closest we are to a safe and effective anti-ageing drug that's perhaps only three to five years away from being on the market if the trials go well."

Sinclair and his team made headlines back in 2013 when they found that the cells of younger mice contained more of a compound called nicotinaminde adenine dinucleotide, or NAD+, than their older counterparts.

Not only that, but when they gave the older mice more NAD+, they started to look younger, too.

It was a big deal at the time, but one of the tricky things about medicine is that in order to show that something could work as a potential treatment, you need to first understand how it's acting in the body.

And although the researchers knew NAD+ was having an impressive effect, they couldn't say for sure how it was doing it.

Now, Sinclair and his team have released a new study, where they outline in detail the mechanism through which NAD+ protects DNA from the damage of ageing and radiation in mice.

So how does it work? When we're born, all of our cells have the ability to repair DNA damage, which we experience constantly through random mutations when our cells divide, or whenever we go out in the sun.

But as we get older, our ability to patch up this damage declines, and our cells being to age.

More: http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-successfully-reversed-dna-ageing-in-mice

Douglas Adams was right. Mice do run the world. Who knew?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:31:35 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: It's Happening: Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Ageing in Mice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:12:22 am »
Great. All we need are granaries full of mice that will live forever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn0pBePN7I
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:20:02 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:25:10 pm »
Yo @Quix As in the days of Noah...

Bible records some phenomenal life spans pre-flood. This could get real interesting.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 09:17:55 pm »
Yo @Quix As in the days of Noah...

Bible records some phenomenal life spans pre-flood. This could get real interesting.

Absolutely indeed.

There've been rumors for years that the super elite  have already had access to life lengthening bio-tech options.

Nevertheless, I still pray that  God takes certain . . . globalist . . . evil-doers off the world stage at His earliest pleasure. . . . at least without access to media etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't mind if they shipped them to Mars but I'd prefer Pluto.

Some possible candidates . . . for removal from the world stage . . .

--Soros
--Kissinger
--Shrillery & Billdo
--Puhlousey
--Waters
--Boxer
--OThuga
--McCain
--Such other hyper traitors as God might be willing to remove for us.

Certainly, at some point, their life-lengthening bio-tech advantages will not stand up to God's will to remove them. He has said He will leave not a trace of their existence on the planet.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:42:50 pm »
Absolutely indeed.

There've been rumors for years that the super elite  have already had access to life lengthening bio-tech options.

Nevertheless, I still pray that  God takes certain . . . globalist . . . evil-doers off the world stage at His earliest pleasure. . . . at least without access to media etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't mind if they shipped them to Mars but I'd prefer Pluto.

Some possible candidates . . . for removal from the world stage . . .

--Soros
--Kissinger
--Shrillery & Billdo
--Puhlousey
--Waters
--Boxer
--OThuga
--McCain
--Such other hyper traitors as God might be willing to remove for us.

Certainly, at some point, their life-lengthening bio-tech advantages will not stand up to God's will to remove them. He has said He will leave not a trace of their existence on the planet.

I have always thought that the shortening of lives was a blessing after a fashion. It limits the amount of evil any one person can do. Imagine if you had Hillary around for another hundred years.

Those that want the population decreased will not want this kind of stuff for the masses so if any real progress is made I would expect it to get hidden.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 05:13:41 am »
This is the elite's holy grail. It's the point of all the money and the tech. Once they have it, then the rest of the agenda can proceed.
The Republic is lost.