Author Topic: $15 An Hour Minimum Wage Vetoed By Democratic Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh  (Read 604 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
On Monday, Baltimore’s city council, which is composed of 15 Democrats, voted 11-3 to raise the city’s minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2022, local NBC affiliate WBAL 11 reports. One city council member did not vote.

Despite popular support among the city council and many Baltimore voters for the $15 minimum wage, Democratic Mayor Catherine Pugh vetoed the minimum wage bill.

The veto came as a shock to the bill’s supporters, especially since Pugh had pledged to support a minimum wage increase to $15 an hour when she campaigned to become mayor.

“This is an impromptu response because we all were taken by surprise,” said councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke, a cosponsor of the $15 minimum wage bill. “Shame, shame on letting the poverty that we have lived with shamefully for decades of the working poor continue on.”

Clarke and others had seen the bill as a means of addressing the economic hardship suffered by many of Baltimore’s residents, particularly the working poor.

More: http://www.inquisitr.com/4092423/15-an-hour-minimum-wage-vetoed-by-democratic-baltimore-mayor-catherine-pugh/source/obj/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online LMAO

A Democrat that accepts economic reality?

As rare as the Dodo bird. She needs to be placed in a museum  :silly:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Left the Baltimore area in 2002 and so did many other taxpayers.  Sought refuge in the last remaining red area near Frederick.  Didn't take long for the Montgomery County clowns who ruined that area with disastrous liberal policies to billed over into Frederick and Washington County.  Fled the People's Republic of Maryland for good in 2006.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

geronl

No $15 an hour, but there is space to riot and destroy

Online andy58-in-nh

If you ever have the chance, and just for fun, ask a $15 minimum wage supporter where the business is going to get the extra money from.

Everything wrong with our educational system will shortly be revealed.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online LMAO

If you ever have the chance, and just for fun, ask a $15 minimum wage supporter where the business is going to get the extra money from.

Everything wrong with our educational system will shortly be revealed.

I've heard their arguments

You're right
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy