Author Topic: This IHOP Waiter Helps A Woman With A Disability Eat Breakfast And People Are Beyond Touched  (Read 1121 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The feels for the day.

Joe Thomas has had the same Saturday breakfast routine for about the last five years.

After checking on his customers at an IHOP in Springfield, Illinois, the 43-year-old server slides next to an elderly couple he calls Dale and Ma and helps them eat breakfast. Ma has Huntington's disease, a genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain, Thomas said, and has trouble with utensils....

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/this-ihop-waiter-helps-a-disabled-woman-eat-breakfast-every?bftw&utm_term=.dvmlWRE27M#.ifdZ09g4AB

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Nice to see there are still nice people in the world!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nice to see there are still nice people in the world!

And, we should give the management credit too.  Most places wouldn't allow a waiter to do that. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And, we should give the management credit too.  Most places wouldn't allow a waiter to do that.
I agree!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

Thomas said he was raised to help others. He grew up caring for his mother, who had diabetes and died in 2008, he said, and has been helping his father through prostate cancer. He also worked at a rehabilitation center before his long stint at IHOP.

Sounds like Mom and Dad raised him right.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra