Author Topic: Showdown: As Senate Democrats Approach 41 Votes to Filibuster Gorsuch, GOP Faces Crucial Test.. Guy Benson  (Read 468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Showdown: As Senate Democrats Approach 41 Votes to Filibuster Gorsuch, GOP Faces Crucial Test
Guy Benson
3/28/2017 2:25:00 PM - Guy Benson

Yesterday, I examined the state of play on the Gorsuch nomination, bearing in mind a ridiculous "deal" that has apparently been jettisoned.  I concluded that Senate Democrats would end up falling just shy of the 41 votes needed to sustain a filibuster against the nomination of Neil Gorsuch, and perhaps strategically so. But sources within the party are now predicting that President Trump's nominee might max out in the high-50's, meaning that a filibuster could be in the offing after all. In order for Chuck Schumer to pull off this base-pleasing extremist gambit, he can only lose up to seven of the upper chamber's 48 Democrats in a cloture vote. If these whispers and loose whip counts pan out, it would appear as though it's high time for Senate Republican leadership to begin seriously grappling with the possibility that they'll be forced to take decisive action to break an unprecedented blockade:

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/03/28/report-dems-think-they-have-the-votes-to-filibuster-gorsuch-n2305030
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If the democrats filibuster Gorsuch, the Pubbies know what they have to do.

As does everyone who is reading this post.

If they DO NOT do what they have to do, it's the second major strike against them (AHCA was the first).

How many more strikes will it take before they get knocked out (in 2018) ??

Offline Mom MD

If the democrats filibuster Gorsuch, the Pubbies know what they have to do.

As does everyone who is reading this post.

If they DO NOT do what they have to do, it's the second major strike against them (AHCA was the first).

How many more strikes will it take before they get knocked out (in 2018) ??

If they hadn't folded on Obamacare, the dems would not be emboldened to filibuster this nomination.  However the repubs defeated themselves without the democrats lifting a finger.  That had to embolden them to fight everything and expect the republicans to give up without a real fight. Its going to be a long two years.  I hope McConnell has the stones to go nuclear - that might help to right the ship a bit.  We will see
God is still in control

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I hope McConnell has the stones to go nuclear - that might help to right the ship a bit.  We will see

Rumor has it McConnell has been administered stem cell injections in hopes of growing a pair.