Author Topic: Female Grads Want Jim Webb’s Naval Academy Award Revoked Because He Was Against Women in Combat Four Decades Ago  (Read 399 times)

rangerrebew

Female Grads Want Jim Webb’s Naval Academy Award Revoked Because He Was Against Women in Combat Four Decades Ago

Posted By Elizabeth Harrington On March 29, 2017 @ 4:59 am

Female U.S. Naval Academy alumni are protesting an award given to Jim Webb, a decorated Vietnam veteran, former senator, and secretary of the Navy, because he argued against women in combat nearly four decades ago.

Webb is set to receive the Distinguished Graduate Award this Friday, but several women are asking the alumni association to rescind Webb's award because of his essay "Women Can't Fight," according to the Capital Gazette.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/female-grads-want-jim-webbs-naval-academy-award-revoked-women-combat-four-decades-ago/

Offline bolobaby

I'm against women in combat now, unless necessary like in an Israel situation where all must be expected to fight.

Do I get all my medals taken away?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Thoughtcrime Doubleplusungood   :nometalk:
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Frank Cannon

Left on Left violence. Love to see it.