Author Topic: Border wall funding likely to be put on hold  (Read 1168 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Border wall funding likely to be put on hold
« on: March 29, 2017, 02:41:48 am »
SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://thehill.com/policy/finance/326160-border-wall-funding-likely-to-be-put-on-hold

by Alexander Bolton

President Trump's funding request for a border wall will likely be put on hold, Senate Republican leaders signaled Tuesday.

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a senior member of the Appropriations Committee, announced at a leadership press conference that Trump's supplemental funding request will wait until later in the year.

He said the Senate and House leadership are very close to negotiating a bill to fund government for the rest of 2017.

Adding a supplemental spending bill requested by Trump to pay for military activities and a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border would complicate the talks and should be dealt with at a later date, Blunt added.
"We have the FY17 defense bill," Blunt said, noting it is the top priority of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and could be used as a vehicle to pass bills funding other federal departments.

"All of the committees, House and Senate leaderships, are working together to try to finalize the rest of the FY17 bill," he added. "My guess is that comes together better without the supplemental."

Blunt said the supplemental could be dealt with “at a later time.”

Government funding is due to expire April 28. Lawmakers have expressed concern about a potential government shutdown over the inclusion of money for Trump's controversial proposal to build a wall.

Trump requested that money to begin construction of the wall be included along with military funding in a supplemental spending bill.

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Border wall funding likely to be put on hold
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:48:14 am »
MORE HERE:

GOP Leaders May Drop Wall Funding to Win Democratic Approval for Other Priorities

SOURCE: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2017/03/28/gop-leaders-may-drop-wall-funding-to-win-democratic-approval-for-other-priorities/amp/

EXCERPT:

Amid Democratic opposition, Republican leaders are retreating from President Donald Trump’s very popular campaign promise to build a border fence to block illegal immigration, drug smugglers, and criminals.

A top GOP leader, Sen. Roy Blunt, told reporters on Tuesday that GOP leaders do not want to include Trump’s spending for the border wall in the spring budget, which is due by April 28. “All of the committees, the leaderships of the House and Senate, are working together to try to finalize the rest of the FY17 [budget spending] bill,” he added. “My guess is that comes together better without the [border] supplemental,” he told The Hill.

Top Democrats are hoping to wreck Trump’s presidency by blocking any funding for his key campaign promise. “The wall is a poison-pill rider,” Schumer said in an interview with Politico. “They’ll do it at their peril.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47:58 am »
Lame duck president
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 12:08:10 pm »
Lame duck president

Lame duck Congress is more like it.  They continue and they will lose their seats.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:09:47 pm »
Lame duck Congress is more like it.  They continue and they will lose their seats.

Why do the Bleeps in this forum refuse to give blame to Rump for anything?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:48:57 pm by MOD3 »

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:12:17 pm »
/snicker

Most effective president ever. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:45 pm »
I understand the obsession over the wall,  but it's always struck me as a waste of money.   I can't get worked up over this.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:22:46 pm »

WTF!  Quite frankly I'm sick of your name calling!  Who do you think you are??  I have NEVER been a Trump supporter and even IF I were, the direct attacks from you are not welcome! I'm seeing and calling it as it is!  I would love nothing more than to call you what you are, but you certainly aren't worth the powder to blow.  I'll refrain and keep my dignity.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:57:26 pm by MOD3 »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »
WTF!  Quite frankly I'm sick of your name calling!  Who do you think you are??  I have NEVER been a Trump supporter and even IF I were, the direct attacks from you are not welcome! I'm seeing and calling it as it is!  I would love nothing more than to call you what you are, but you certainly aren't worth the powder to blow.  I'll refrain and keep my dignity.

Come join me over at The Vineyard. I apologize for my limited posts over the past few weeks, but I've been suffering from "March Madness". I've found it interesting how threads devolve into ten or more pages: the first 2-3 stay on topic. After that, it's nothing but bickering and personal attacks.

Here's a pic of one of our stars, Nigel Williams-Goss, 2nd team All American, Academic All American with a 3.8+ GPA in psychology:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:23 pm »
So I guess Mexico is not going to pay for the wall..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 06:10:00 pm »
So I guess Mexico is not going to pay for the wall..
I guess we can file that under "less than truthful hyperbole" for now. Not that I ever expected Mexico to pay for it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 08:54:45 pm »
White House: There Will Be No Funds for Border Wall in the Immediate Future

By Susan Wright  |  March 29, 2017, 02:30pm  |  @SweetieWalker

In what will likely be a shock to some supporters, the Trump White House is pretty much waving off any need for the previously requested “seed money” to begin building a southern border wall.

Senate Republicans have said they felt that including a $1.5 billion request in with the pending government funding bill would cause complications, as the goal is to fund the government past April, and sandwiching that request between other items could cause a partisan split.

In a Wednesday press briefing, White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer responded to the question about funding and the wall:

“That is our request,” press secretary Sean Spicer said Wednesday when asked if the wall funding is a deal breaker for a must-pass spending bill.

“We will continue to work with Congress on the rest of the FY ’17 budget,” he said.

Trump requested $1.5 billion from lawmakers this year to begin work on the wall he wants to build along the southern border, a central pillar of his campaign promise to crack down on illegal immigration.

President Trump has proposed several ways to pay for the wall, most of which consists of the Mexican government taking on the costs (which they refuse to do).

Having the American taxpayers foot the bill, then getting the Mexican government to pay for it, retroactively, is just the latest mutation of the wall plan.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/white-house-there-will-be-no-funds-for-border-wall-in-the-immediate-future/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 09:45:12 pm »
ping

Online WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:48 am »
And though it's always been with me
I must tear down the wall and let it be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBMsulQMqm8
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 01:06:12 am »

No, lame duck president.  Promised to prosecute Hillary.  Had no intention to do that.  It was quite evident when he gave her praise for her presence at the inauguration lunch.  Promised to repeal Obama Care but had an entirely different agenda to force on the Americans another socialized medicine which punished people for being seniors.  He was in a real hurry too..........to put the screw to older Americans.   Promised a wall.  And as kevindavis pointed out Mexico was going to pay for it.   

Fail, fail, fail. Big F,F,F  And he is taking the salary.  He wastes our money on going here and there every weekend.

I could go on and on and on.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 07:02:00 am »

They didn't in 2010 with rise of the Tea Party, or 2014 after groups like Freedomworks funded GOP primary challengers in the wake of Senator Cruz's goofy government shutdown to defund Obamacare.  What makes you think Congress is in danger now?

Offline Frandia

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 09:25:44 am »

Because the reality right now, as it has been for a few years, is the RINO Congress can't get anything done. They said give us the House. They got it.   They said give us the Senate.  They got it.  They said give us the Presidency. They got it.

What have they accomplished? Nothing. They had 8 years to get a consensus bill and what we got was Ryan and his Crayolas striking a few items from Obamacare and presenting this thrown together schlock.

Trump can't write laws. How many repeal votes were there? And this is the point we are at. So what is there to blame Trump for? Shall we impeach him for Tweeting?

The better and more pertinent question is why can't the opposition give him a chance. Like it or not, he's president.  Funny too how those complaining snowflakes went to extraordinary lengths to protect and defend everything Obama did.

I'm no fan but I'm certainly not going to declare his presidency a failure two and half months in.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 09:30:56 am by Frandia »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 12:46:21 pm »
I think a lot people needs to relearn Civics..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 02:42:03 pm »
It really comes down to the Art of the deal.  Donald sold the people that he was the master negotiator who would get this done.  He was supposed to be able to negotiate the deal with Mexico.  To negotiate with Congress.  He failed.

The only people he was able to scam with the art of the deal was the American people who continue to pay the price for illegal immigration. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:43:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 02:59:16 pm »
Because the reality right now, as it has been for a few years, is the RINO Congress can't get anything done. They said give us the House. They got it.   They said give us the Senate.  They got it.  They said give us the Presidency. They got it.

What have they accomplished? Nothing. They had 8 years to get a consensus bill and what we got was Ryan and his Crayolas striking a few items from Obamacare and presenting this thrown together schlock.

Trump can't write laws. How many repeal votes were there? And this is the point we are at. So what is there to blame Trump for? Shall we impeach him for Tweeting?

The better and more pertinent question is why can't the opposition give him a chance. Like it or not, he's president.  Funny too how those complaining snowflakes went to extraordinary lengths to protect and defend everything Obama did.

I'm no fan but I'm certainly not going to declare his presidency a failure two and half months in.

Idiot boy is on Twitter attacking his biggest defenders. And still Rump doesn't deserve any blame?

:silly:

Offline Frandia

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 05:02:33 pm »
Idiot boy is on Twitter attacking his biggest defenders. And still Rump doesn't deserve any blame?

:silly:

In case you missed it I said I was no fan. Also unknown to you since I haven't posted here much is that I have always maintained that he is his own worst enemy and he needs to cut out the tweeting bullshit. That's one issue. There's enough blame to go around as far as the failed health care bill. The main point of my comment was that he's been there since Jan but the rest of these fools have had years to come up with an alternative.