Author Topic: First GOP lawmaker calls for Nunes to recuse himself  (Read 414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First GOP lawmaker calls for Nunes to recuse himself
« on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:07 pm »
First GOP lawmaker calls for Nunes to recuse himself
By Scott Wong - 03/28/17 04:26 PM EDT

Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.) on Tuesday told The Hill that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) should "absolutely" recuse himself from his panel's investigation into Russia's meddling in last year’s election.

Jones, a member of the House Armed Services Committee who frequently bucks leadership, is the first Republican in Congress to call on Nunes to step aside.

more

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/326184-first-gop-lawmaker-calls-for-nunes-to-recuse-himself

Nunes has done nothing wrong...I love how Repubs can never stand behind another Repub and fall for whatever the Dems spew.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: First GOP lawmaker calls for Nunes to recuse himself
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:31 pm »
Not good.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »
Nunes has done nothing wrong...I love how Repubs can never stand behind another Repub and fall for whatever the Dems spew.

This "Jones" guy must be a total dipwad. Nunes acted in a completely reasonable and ethical way.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:37:33 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 01:04:47 am »

That coward should be the last Republican to fall for this.  The dems have set up target after target in Trump's administration.  I hope no more Republicans do Chuck U. Schumer's bidding on this.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 01:11:07 am »

RINO isn't just a derogatory term. Many liberals run as republicans because its the only way for them to win in the district they've targeted.

I'm not quiet sure how it could be applied, but we have a right to expect persons running under the party's imprimatur meet a minimum ideological standard.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:15:38 am by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 01:55:14 am »
RINO isn't just a derogatory term. Many liberals run as republicans because its the only way for them to win in the district they've targeted.

I'm not quiet sure how it could be applied, but we have a right to expect persons running under the party's imprimatur meet a minimum ideological standard.

The party could enforce that, were they to want to do so.