Author Topic: Affordable Care Act Repeal Is Back on the Agenda, Republicans Say  (Read 1313 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Affordable Care Act Repeal Is Back on the Agenda, Republicans Say

By ROBERT PEAR and JEREMY W. PETERSMARCH 28, 2017

WASHINGTON — House Republican leaders and the White House, under extreme pressure from conservative activists, have restarted negotiations on legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act, with House leaders declaring that Democrats were celebrating the law’s survival prematurely.

Just days after President Trump said he was moving on to other issues, senior White House officials are now saying they have hope that they can still score the kind of big legislative victory that has so far eluded Mr. Trump. Vice President Mike Pence was dispatched to Capitol Hill on Tuesday for lunchtime talks.

“We’re not going to retrench into our corners or put up dividing lines,” House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said after a meeting of House Republicans that was dominated by a discussion of how to restart the health negotiations. “There’s too much at stake to get bogged down in all of that.”

The House Republican whip, Steve Scalise of Louisiana, said of Democrats, “Their celebration is premature. We are closer to repealing Obamacare than we ever have been before.”

snip

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/us/politics/health-care-obamacare-freedom-caucus.html
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

Re: Affordable Care Act Repeal Is Back on the Agenda, Republicans Say
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 10:17:27 pm »
Here is a fresh FACT. NYT source, none better here. Pence dispatched to restart talks with Congress.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:24:17 pm »
They had better be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.  The stock market is going to take a major crap if tax reform is put on the back burner for this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:47:26 pm »
This is a good thing IMO.

The Democrats rammed through a bill nobody read and is now falling apart and has created a huge mess. The GOP shouldn't do likewise
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:53:32 pm »
Having the first iteration fail may have woken up some people about the need to be a bit more flexible.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 10:57:44 pm »
Having the first iteration fail may have woken up some people about the need to be a bit more flexible.

Yep, hopefully Ryan and Trump will give up their crap sandwich and work to pass the same Obamacare repeal that was sent to Obama.  It is already in committee and since it got 55% of the vote last time around, should not have a problem passing the house.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »

Round one may have been necessary just to get the Pubs to put their cards on the table. Round two should start with a better understanding of where in the game they all are.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 11:05:09 pm »
Affordable Care Act Repeal Is Back on the Agenda, Republicans Say

Probably they do not like what they have been hearing from constituents. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 11:32:28 pm »
I still like the idea of  H.R. 1718 which repeals BammyCare by a future date, giving Congress the time to come up with a viable healthcare plan and fine tune it before they actually roll it out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:16 pm »
Wait - I thought it was over and done with and we were stuck with 0bamacare from here on out? 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »
Wait - I thought it was over and done with and we were stuck with 0bamacare from here on out?

That's what McConnell says.  Sure am glad I don't believe a word that bastard says.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 12:11:43 am »

Actually the quote that I read is "McConnell says he shares their "disappointment that this effort came up short." The MSM before that reported that "Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is offering little hope that a failed Republican health-care bill can be revived anytime soon." 

The MSM is gloating and basking in what they feel is Republican defeat.  They are going to be besides themselves once BammyCare is repealed.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-mulvaney-warns-vote-collapsing-46346907
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 12:16:03 am »
The House already passed a repeal bill wayyyyy back in 2015.  Dust it off and run it through again.  It's already written...it's what the people actually want and we know it will pass.

Why is this so difficult?  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18:29 am »
I still like the idea of  H.R. 1718 which repeals BammyCare by a future date, giving Congress the time to come up with a viable healthcare plan and fine tune it before they actually roll it out.

Repealing it at a later date won't work because of the probability the Dems will get control again and prevent it from happening.

The viable "plan" is to repeal the damn thing in it's entirety and go back to they way we did healthcare prior to March 22 2010.

THAT is what the people want and that is why the people gave the GOP majorities in the House and Senate over the course of Obama's two terms in office.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 12:26:20 am »
The House already passed a repeal bill wayyyyy back in 2015.  Dust it off and run it through again.  It's already written...it's what the people actually want and we know it will pass.

Why is this so difficult?  :shrug:

You know the answer to that.

They have no real intention of repealing it, only shoring it up and expanding it to make Single Payer happen faster while they are at the helm to craft it.  Meanwhile, to placate their enraged constituents that sent them there to actually END ObamaCare, they are about to start another Act of Kabuki Theater.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 05:19:43 am »

Probably they do not like what they have been hearing from constituents.

After being in favor of repeal, and repeal and replace, ever since it passed, it is not an option to "bungle" this.

A few days ago it looked like a bungle. My guess is their phones rang off the hook to get back to work and get it done.

My take is they ran on repeal AND replace.

geronl

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 05:52:01 am »
You know the answer to that.

They have no real intention of repealing it, only shoring it up and expanding it to make Single Payer happen faster while they are at the helm to craft it.  Meanwhile, to placate their enraged constituents that sent them there to actually END ObamaCare, they are about to start another Act of Kabuki Theater.

While masterfully blaming those who want it repealed for real as the bad guys.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 10:19:36 am »
While masterfully blaming those who want it repealed for real as the bad guys.

Exactly