Author Topic: Conservative 'Purism' Doesn't Threaten The Movement. Trump Purism Does.  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Conservative 'Purism' Doesn't Threaten The Movement. Trump Purism Does.
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 10:15:53 pm »
@Emjay

I have no doubt the GOP will continue to worry about how they appear to the left and just about everybody else except the people they constantly lie to, timid creatures that they are.  You can applaud that if you want.

How did I know you could not resist replying ... you live for it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 10:22:04 pm »
They care!  What they care about is the problem!  They care about keeping their "work" half a year for $200K jobs for as long as possible and then, when they retire voluntarily or otherwise,  go to work for a K street firm making a cool $1 Mil or more every year!

As somebody said on another thread, we may never get healthcare the way it should be, because that would create a lack of opportunity for Congressional graft.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 10:29:05 pm »
How did I know you could not resist replying ... you live for it.

@Emjay

What, like you just did?

I don't think you're a stupid person, but I guess you need reminding that this is a public forum where replying is sort of the thing you do, especially when you're in the middle of a conversation with someone.

You've become a professional scold, but FYI, I'm not influenced.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 10:37:12 pm »
Trump purism? Trump is pragmatic so what the hell would 'Trump purism' be?
Whatever he says it is this week. Trump purism is a major cause trumpslaining.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 11:16:39 pm »
Yee haw! Let's hope they Get R Done this time.

If it stalls the tax reform, the markets are going to tank.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 11:18:57 pm »
Maybe. It'd be nice to see them pass a budget since we haven't had one in so long. A real repeal of Obamacare would be good for the market so maybe they can do both.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 11:26:21 pm »
Maybe. It'd be nice to see them pass a budget since we haven't had one in so long. A real repeal of Obamacare would be good for the market so maybe they can do both.

That's what I'm looking for.  My signals, based on nothing, aren't on "Buy" yet.  I'm still fuming over that crap sandwich.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:47 am »
@Emjay

What, like you just did?

I don't think you're a stupid person, but I guess you need reminding that this is a public forum where replying is sort of the thing you do, especially when you're in the middle of a conversation with someone.

You've become a professional scold, but FYI, I'm not influenced.

No, sweetie, I'm just an amateur scold.  It just tickles me how much you enjoy your own words.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 01:11:37 am »
Those who resist becoming lil Trumpee clones are the enemies.

@Cripplecreek

That includes conservatives proving Trumpanzees are not.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 01:15:08 am »
No, sweetie, I'm just an amateur scold.

I outrank you.  I'm semi-pro.   :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 02:25:34 am »
I can't speak for other conservatives, but for myself..... I couldn't possibly care less what others think.  I always will, however, make comments and observations about the hypocrisy and double standards that the idiot left (and their cohorts in the GOP) always display.   :laugh:
That pretty much says it for me, too.  :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 02:26:49 am »
Oh,  a buying opportunity!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 04:20:09 am »
@Frank Cannon

Lol, come on Frank, you know Shapiro's good.  Besides, you've been raging at Trump lately yourself.

I am raging at Donny when he does something bad. I also praise him when he does something decent. Shapiro has got to get off of the non stop bash fest. It's intellectually lazy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 04:25:58 am »
I am raging at Donny when he does something bad. I also praise him when he does something decent. Shapiro has got to get off of the non stop bash fest. It's intellectually lazy.

It's a knee-jerk reaction with him ... and the 'jerk' applies.

geronl

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 05:27:59 am »
Right on Brother Man Ben Shapiro, you got that right on the money.

geronl

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 05:29:01 am »

Today Trump lawyers claimed immunity from lawsuits that stem from long before he ran for President.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 05:30:00 am »
It's a knee-jerk reaction with him ... and the 'jerk' applies.

LOL.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 05:31:31 am »
Oh,  a buying opportunity!

No. You gotta get in now!!!!

BTFATH

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 05:32:30 am »
Today Trump lawyers claimed immunity from lawsuits that stem from long before he ran for President.

Yeah, and my lawyer claimed I won the Irish Sweepstakes. So the eff what?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 03:41:54 pm »
Again, articles by Ben Shapiro are going to be opinion and not straight political articles as far as I see.

Silver Pines

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »

@Frank Cannon

But he isn't on a bash fest.  I read his Twitter timeline every day for news, so I know.  Sometimes it looks schizophrenic because of the varying "good Trump/bad Trump" posts he makes.  He's absolutely fair and he gives Trump credit for some things, then turns around and criticizes him, and back again. 

If it looks like he's criticizing too much, that's because Trump is screwing up too much.  Not Shapiro's fault, and it isn't his responsibility to baselessly cheerlead a politician, anymore than it's mine or yours.

After the election I planned to credit Trump for whatever good he did, too.  But after the healthcare thing I'm convinced anything good that comes from him will be an accident.  He said he wasn't interested in the "s**t details" of the bill, he just wanted to ram it through so he'd have a win in his column and go golfing. Those "s**t details" were the garbage he wanted to saddle us with.  I have no use for him and I'm not going to look for reasons to credit him because IMO he demonstrated he doesn't give a crap about anybody in this country.  YMMV.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 04:30:45 pm »
@Frank Cannon

But he isn't on a bash fest.  I read his Twitter timeline every day for news, so I know.  Sometimes it looks schizophrenic because of the varying "good Trump/bad Trump" posts he makes.  He's absolutely fair and he gives Trump credit for some things, then turns around and criticizes him, and back again. 

If it looks like he's criticizing too much, that's because Trump is screwing up too much.  Not Shapiro's fault, and it isn't his responsibility to baselessly cheerlead a politician, anymore than it's mine or yours.

After the election I planned to credit Trump for whatever good he did, too.  But after the healthcare thing I'm convinced anything good that comes from him will be an accident.  He said he wasn't interested in the "s**t details" of the bill, he just wanted to ram it through so he'd have a win in his column and go golfing. Those "s**t details" were the garbage he wanted to saddle us with.  I have no use for him and I'm not going to look for reasons to credit him because IMO he demonstrated he doesn't give a crap about anybody in this country.  YMMV.

First off, who gives a shit about Twitter. No one follows it (as evidenced by Twits business woes) and whatever one sentence pearl of wisdom Ben lays down daily goes unnoticed by 99.9% of the public. I am talking about his articles. One after another going off the rails.

As for your support or non support of the President, it's fully irrelevant. Donny won handily without your vote and actually the #NeverTrump movement was one of the weakest 3rd party challenges there ever was. At least Ralf Nader effected an outcome. #NeverTrump candidates were not even on the ballot in all 50 states. It was hilarious.

Now we have all the people who hated Donny from word go still hating him. Doesn't change a damn thing, it's just incredibly lazy thinking. I think the auto workers, miners and Carrier factory workers who kept or got jobs since his election think so too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 04:50:52 pm »
@Frank Cannon

looks like your 'plans' to credit Trump went awry rather quickly .... unless you can point me to a post where you did.