Author Topic: Golfer-in-chief: $17k bill for Secret Service golf cart rentals  (Read 2120 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

US President Donald Trump says he does a lot of business on the golf course, after all, he's spent eight of 10 weekends in office on the green.

But his golfing diplomacy has come at a price, with the Secret Service spending almost US$17,000 (NZ$24,000) in the past two months on hiring golf carts at the President's Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, receipts show.

The transactions were published by a CNN reporter showing three instances of "golf cart rental for POTUS visit" on February 2, March 2 and March 3 totalling US$16,685 (NZ$23,673).

There is also another charge for equipment rental of US$8000 (NZ$11,351).

More: http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2017/03/golfer-in-chief-17k-bill-for-secret-service-golf-cart-rentals.html

*****rollingeyes*****

If true - screw that. Guy OWNS the damned place, he can let the SS ride for free.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Golfer-in-chief: $17k bill for Secret Service golf cart rentals
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 07:23:20 pm »

...and now, he is blowing Obama out of the water in terms of how much time he spends golfing.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:30:48 pm »
Don't give a damn if he golfs 24/7.

Charging the SS for golf cart use though? That's cash from the taxpayer straight into his own pocket. There is NO justifying or rationalizing that.

Though I will be amused at anyone's attempt.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:14 pm »
Trump is making a lot of money off the backs of the taxpayers

geronl

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:39:38 pm »

Charging the SS for golf cart use though? That's cash from the taxpayer straight into his own pocket. There is NO justifying or rationalizing that.

he charges the SS rent too

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »
Trump is making a lot of money off the backs of the taxpayers

Hey stupid. More evidence you don't read the articles. Golf Car and Utility Vehicle Distributors LCC were the people who got the money. Obviously the SS is renting equipment from outside vendors for whatever reason.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 07:48:39 pm »

Frank Cannon explained it and I hope he amused you.

Why do presidents play golf anyway?  What an awful game.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 07:52:43 pm »
Hey kiddies. This is fake made up news. The source of this shitty slam piece article written by a retarded monkey is an open Leftists twitter feed. Nathaniel Meyersohn is a 4 year old childlike snowflake who works at CNN....

https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn

Worst President ever LBJ apparently gives him a hard on too.

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:40 pm »
Hey kiddies. This is fake made up news.....

Actually, no, it is real news. The story is accurate and they even show the invoices. Even as you pointed out in a comment above, the article states who the money is going to. It went off track in this thread with the question if the President was charging it- he wasn't, a third party was and the article states as such.

So the news is truthful.

Is it newsworthy? Well, as  I posted in the tweet from Trump prior to being president and I can find a lot of articles and comments from people here on the subject when Obama was President- the amount a President golfs apparently is an important issue to this president and members. So for those involved, based on history, it is newsworthy.

Unless, of course, our opinions are different on what happens, not because of specifically what happened, but if we like the person who is doing it or not.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2017, 08:34:25 pm »
Actually, no, it is real news. The story is accurate and they even show the invoices.

You may think they are real, but I don't. Some openly Leftist hacks twitter account is now considered verified news? I'll pass.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »
You may think they are real, but I don't. Some openly Leftist hacks twitter account is now considered verified news? I'll pass.

https://app.oneteam.net/Profile/golf-car-utility-vehicle-distributors-llc-6F9A9

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:56 pm »

Can you point to the specific part of that story that isn't real? They do show documentation, which is the same documentation shown from other sources. That documentation also links directly to the US government source. The claims made in the article also are backed up by the documentation provided. https://www.usaspending.gov/transparency/Pages/RecipientProfile.aspx?DUNSNumber=961243701&FiscalYear=2017#PrimeData

The article doesn't make really any major opinion or outrageous statements.

It is easy to throw out 'fake news' at things we don't like just like it is easy to blindly follow articles we do like. The real skill is to dig into each to find the truth, not just knee jerk. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 08:58:07 pm »
https://app.oneteam.net/Profile/golf-car-utility-vehicle-distributors-llc-6F9A9

Great. You just showed your comment in post three that Donny is bilking taxpayers for some sort of golf rental is absolute bullshit. You have also shown that the govt' rents a bunch of equipment from this outfit for the last 5 or so years. Other than that this shows me nothing.

Posted by: EC
« on: Today at 03:30:48 PM »

Insert Quote

Are you still amused at me showing you that this is all poorly sourced story based on garbage which you obviously didn't bother looking into?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 09:08:02 pm »
Yes. Your wiggling is amusing.

First it's fake news, then it's attack the writer, now it's actually look at the story.

Tell me - does Mar a Lago not have it's own golf carts? Seems a strange golf course that doesn't.

Offline ABX

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »

First it's fake news, then it's attack the writer, now it's actually look at the story.

Tell me - does Mar a Lago not have it's own golf carts? Seems a strange golf course that doesn't.

Actually, outsourcing cart rentals for larger clubs is pretty common here. It is cost effective for high volume golf resorts to pay for one of these providers to do all the maintenance, rental, repair, etc, versus hiring a larger staff in-house to do all that.

I suspect this company probably does it for a dozen resorts in the area.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 09:11:33 pm »

Perhaps they don't meet the requirements of the Secret Service?

You would think a golf cart is a golf cart, but federal contracting is its own little world.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 09:16:14 pm »

Frank, get your message across without personal attacks.

- MOD2
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:55:30 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:15:12 pm »
The government dumps millions down the drain on the most asinine things everyday and here we are arguing about a few grand spent on golf carts.  *****rollingeyes*****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 11:31:09 pm »
Why do presidents play golf anyway? 

Privacy.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
How come no one ever brought up how much Obama's constant golfing cost the taxpayers?

How much did HIS holes cost the taxpayer in golf cart rentals, spa baths, condoms and lubricant?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 11:40:39 pm »
@EC

I knew he would bleed us dry of money we don't have.  It is all about him and family and always was.  We will be supporting all of them for four years.  The "family's" trip to ski last weekend had to cost us mega bucks to house all the secret service and equipment, read there was 100 SS on that weekend, to keep them all "safe". 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 11:52:18 pm »
@geronl

Sorry Frank Cannon called you, "Hey, stupid."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 11:58:03 pm »

Yet he'll get a pass from the very same people who bashed Slow Joe Biden for charging the SS protective detail rent to live in the guest cottage at his residence in DE when he would go there.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 12:00:04 am »
How come no one ever brought up how much Obama's constant golfing cost the taxpayers?

How much did HIS holes cost the taxpayer in golf cart rentals, spa baths, condoms and lubricant?

Most of the time he did his golfing at either Andrews AFB or at Ft Belvoir so the cost was pretty low for cart and green fees...IF they even charged him.

The real PITA about him golfing there was the fact that they shut down the ENTIRE course and so if you were a regular soldier or airman that had a tee time...tough excrement...you weren't getting near the course until Big Ears was done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline ABX

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 12:07:08 am »

See the tweet from Trump himself upthread.