Author Topic: One lawyer stole more than half a billion dollars from Social Security  (Read 1106 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
Mar. 28, 2017

This is one of those stories that just sounds as if it can’t be real. I mean, we all know that dishonest actors engage in fraud and rob the taxpayers by bilking the Social Security and Medicare systems. Some false claims are filed or relatives keep collecting the checks of people who have died. But stealing a half a billion dollars just sounds like something out of the next Oceans 11 film. And yet, according to this report from Government Executive, that’s exactly what happened in Kentucky.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/28/one-lawyer-stole-more-than-half-a-billion-dollars-from-social-security/

Offline endicom

Government is the biggest racket and criminals know it.

Offline thackney

Not a new case.

Lots of detail from the multiple scams at

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/361036/conn-job-jillian-kay-melchior
October 14, 2013

Then

UPDATE: Federal Judge Dismisses Most Claims Against Eric Conn
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/Disability-Payments-Could-be-Suspended-for-Nearly-2000-in-Conn-Fraud-Investigation-305197051.html
Jul 30, 2015

now

Social Security Disability Lawyer Pleads Guilty For Role in $550 Million Social Security Fraud Scheme
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/social-security-disability-lawyer-pleads-guilty-role-550-million-social-security-fraud-scheme
March 24, 2017
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:06:33 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Lot's of these shysters in every state, they make their money by taking a percentage of the benefit award so it behooves them to have as many claims as possible approved, There is one in particular in California that runs tons of TV ads, Dr. Bill *********, yeah hes a psychologist and a lawyer. I looked into it and decided before I potentially gave up thousands I would file for myself. Amazingly, if you are legitimately disabled you can usually navigate the process pretty easily. My wife is an insurance biller with multiple psychologist clients, not a week goes by that someone isn't trying to get them to sign off on a mental disability claim because their unemployment ran out or just because they don't want to work anymore.

Offline endicom

Lot's of these shysters in every state, they make their money by taking a percentage of the benefit award so it behooves them to have as many claims as possible approved, There is one in particular in California that runs tons of TV ads, Dr. Bill *********, yeah hes a psychologist and a lawyer. I looked into it and decided before I potentially gave up thousands I would file for myself. Amazingly, if you are legitimately disabled you can usually navigate the process pretty easily. My wife is an insurance biller with multiple psychologist clients, not a week goes by that someone isn't trying to get them to sign off on a mental disability claim because their unemployment ran out or just because they don't want to work anymore.

Medicaid is another scandal. Rampant fraud is common knowledge but nothing meaningful is done to mitigate the fraud. And that's with some, if not all, states facing bankruptcy.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Medicaid is another scandal. Rampant fraud is common knowledge but nothing meaningful is done to mitigate the fraud. And that's with some, if not all, states facing bankruptcy.

@endicom

There are things being done to identify and detect the fraud.   But its like bailing the ocean with a spoon.

A company here in Tampa (Soros and the Saudi's own a piece of it), were charged with stealing $300m from medicare.  They paid a $100m fine and are still in business.   Friends that worked there told me people were hauling servers out the back as the federal marshals were serving warrants up front.

If you give me $300m I'd happily give you $100m all day long.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
For later read.

rangerrebew

One lawyer stole more than half a billion dollars from Social Security
posted at 9:21 am on March 28, 2017 by Jazz Shaw

This is one of those stories that just sounds as if it can’t be real. I mean, we all know that dishonest actors engage in fraud and rob the taxpayers by bilking the Social Security and Medicare systems. Some false claims are filed or relatives keep collecting the checks of people who have died. But stealing a half a billion dollars just sounds like something out of the next Oceans 11 film. And yet, according to this report from Government Executive, that’s exactly what happened in Kentucky.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/28/one-lawyer-stole-more-than-half-a-billion-dollars-from-social-security/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:24:39 am by rangerrebew »