Author Topic: Aberdeen, SD: Somali refugee sentenced to 3 years for attempted sexual assault of a mentally challenged woman  (Read 311 times)

rangerrebew

Aberdeen, SD: Somali refugee sentenced to 3 years for attempted sexual assault of a mentally challenged woman

Posted by Ann Corcoran on March 28, 2017

When we first reported this case, it was learned through an apparent miscommunication by lawyers for the defendant that he had only arrived in the country the week before the incident occurred in July of last year. Now we learn he was a wandering Somali who had first been resettled in Idaho three years ago and had drifted from state to state ever since.

Before this case hit the news we had heard about the mayor there supporting the proposed opening of a direct resettlement site in Aberdeen and that citizens were upset. Click here for our first story on Aberdeen.  I then visited the city during my travels throughout the Midwest and West last summer where I was mostly interested in seeing meatpacking towns that were being changed with the influx of refugee laborers.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/03/28/aberdeen-sd-somali-refugee-sentenced-to-3-years-for-attempted-sexual-assault-of-a-mentally-challenged-woman/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:31:07 pm by rangerrebew »