Author Topic: Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards Pays Women $12,000 Less Than Men  (Read 364 times)

rangerrebew

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards Pays Women $12,000 Less Than Men
Posted By Brent Scher On March 27, 2017 @ 5:00 am In Politics | No Comments

Louisiana Gov. Jon Bel Edwards (D.) called his state's record on the gender pay gap "an embarrassment and an outrage," but he has failed to attain gender pay equality in his own office, according to records of salaries paid in the governor's office obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

Edwards has spent the past year pushing for a state gender discrimination law. Earlier this month, Edwards and his wife held an "Equal Pay Summit" after Louisiana ranked last in Bloomberg's gender-equality ratings.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/louisiana-governor-john-bel-edwards-pays-women-12000-less-men/

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards Pays Women $12,000 Less Than Men
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:27:10 pm »
I'd blame it on Obama if I was him.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:33:42 pm »
Why wouldn't he?  It's what Democrats do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline JannTosh

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 08:40:52 pm »
the pay gap is a misrepresented statistic and has been proven this way all the time. The reason it even happens with Dems is because it is not a problem. They just use it as a way to get gullible peoples votes

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »
   Welcome to TBR @JannTosh
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.