Author Topic: Veteran news anchor Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity to his face that he is 'bad for America' and his Fox News show hurts the American people 'in the long haul'  (Read 808 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Veteran news anchor Ted Koppel tells Sean Hannity to his face that he is 'bad for America' and his Fox News show hurts the American people 'in the long haul'

Ted Koppel interviewed Sean Hannnity on CBS show 'Sunday Morning'
    On the show, Hannity asked Koppel: 'You think I'm bad for America?'
    Koppel said 'yes' and elaborated: 'You have attracted people who are determined that ideology is more important than facts'
    Hannity later today called the segment 'fake edited news'

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 18:48 EDT, 26 March 2017 | Updated: 02:00 EDT, 27 March 2017

Ted Koppel had some harsh words for Fox News host Sean Hannity this morning.

In a CBS 'Sunday Morning' segment, the veteran news journalist said he thinks Hannity, a Fox News commentator, is 'bad for America'.

Hannity said, of the difference between commentary shows such as his own and actual news programs: 'We have to give some credit to the American people that they are somewhat intelligent and that they know the difference between an opinion show and a news show.'

Hannity then called Koppel 'cynical,' which Koppel affirmed.

Hannity asked: 'Do you think we're bad for America? You think I'm bad for America?'

Koppel said 'yes' and that 'in the long haul' such 'influential' talk shows as Hannity's hurt the American people.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4351386/Ted-Koppel-says-Sean-Hannity-bad-America-CBS.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

I'm guessing that what really offends Ted is any diversity of views on the broadcast media.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hannity needs to seriously quit whining about editing techniques and what does and doesn't get edited out of a story since he is in the business.

I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck he's said to people he's interviewed "that won't be in the story" just like Ted told him.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Ted who?   Bundy?   Kennedy?

Sean is a talking head best taken in short doses.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LMAO

I'm guessing that what really offends Ted is any diversity of views on the broadcast media.

This

People like Ted Koppel have never had their viewpoints challenged. Koppel wants to blame people like Hannity why most Americans do not trust the media anymore, if polls are correct, yet refuses to look inward
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Ted who?   Bundy?   Kennedy?

Sean is a talking head best taken in short doses.

And Koppel doesn't seem to grasp the difference between political commentary and journalism

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And Koppel doesn't seem to grasp the difference between political commentary and journalism

Neither does Hannity.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline goatprairie

Koppel thinks he is the Sage Of America ever since his Nightline show became a big deal almost forty years ago. From listening to him in interviews over the years he comes off as a pompous ass.  No fan of Hannity, but as far as who is worse for America, it's hands down liberal jerk NEWSREADER!!! Koppel.

Online mountaineer

Neither does Hannity.
I never listen to Hannity, but I would assume he - like Limbaugh - acknowledges he's not a journalist but an entertainer/commentator.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Just_Victor

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I never listen to Hannity, but I would assume he - like Limbaugh - acknowledges he's not a journalist but an entertainer/commentator.

Never heard him separate himself the way Rush used to.

Sean actually takes himself seriously and expects US too as well.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:44:55 pm by txradioguy »