Author Topic: Freedom Caucus' Jordan: End ObamaCare blaming, ‘Let’s get to work’  (Read 254 times)

Offline libertybele

He is absolutely right!  Our politicians keep playing the blame game and nothing gets done.

Freedom Caucus' Jordan: End ObamaCare blaming, ‘Let’s get to work’

“Instead of doing the blame game, let’s get to work,” Jordan, R-Ohio, said on “Fox News Sunday.” “Let’s do the responsible thing. Let’s get back to work and do what we told the voters we were going to do.”

Much of the blame has been directed at the conservative group and its roughly 30 members, after House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday realized he didn’t have enough support for the bill in the GOP-led chamber and canceled the final vote on Friday.

However, practically everybody in official Washington is being accused of being at fault -- from the caucus for its ideological purity, to Ryan for his inability to get the votes to President Trump for failing to deliver with his vaunted deal-making skills.

Ryan purportedly needed about 20 more votes, mostly from Freedom Caucus members and a handful of GOP House moderates.

None of the chamber’s 193 Democrats supported dismantling President Obama’s signature 2010 health care law, which is struggling under increasing costs and fewer insurance policy choices for Americans.

Jordan argued Sunday that the bill lost on its shortcomings, not over ideology, with just 17 percent of Americans approving of the measure, crafted by Ryan, R-Wis., and his leadership team.

“Maybe the fact that we opposed it did the country a favor because this bill didn’t repeal ObamCare,” he said. “This bill didn’t do what we told the American people we were going to do.”...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/26/freedom-caucus-jordan-end-obamacare-blaming-let-s-get-to-work.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Jordan introduced H.R 1436, which is a replica of the ObamaCare repeal bill that passed the House and Senate in 2015, on March 8, two days after AHCA was introduced.  H.R. 1436 has been languishing in committee ever since.  I just emailed my congressman, Jimmy Duncan, urging him to support a discharge petition to force the committee to bring the bill to the House floor for debate.  If the House refuses to consider a bill they passed two years ago, the Republicans will have some serious problems with their base.  I urge you all to also contact your congressmen and try to get them to support a discharge petition.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!