Author Topic: AP style guide is updated to normalize “gender” as not being related to sex  (Read 306 times)

rangerrebew

AP style guide is updated to normalize “gender” as not being related to sex
posted at 9:31 am on March 26, 2017 by Jazz Shaw

Previously, when people scoffed at the idea of language as being an important building block of civilized social structure I would simply roll my eyes. These days… not so much.

We’ve covered more than a few stories here about special snowflakes on college campuses or writers at Alt-Left publications demanding this or that change to the English (or more properly “American”) language to accommodate “transgender” sensitivities. As has happened all too often across the span of history, it’s easy enough to simply mock these trends and wait for them to die off like the fad of swallowing live goldfish or eating off lead plates. Unfortunately, these things have a way of creeping up on you. When they make their way consistently into the mainstream media which the majority of consumers absorb it’s already too late and you’re left wondering what happened, much like Ned Ludd staring at the stocking frames he’d smashed, still unable to believe the industrial revolution was coming.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/26/ap-style-guide-is-updated-to-normalize-gender-as-not-being-related-to-sex/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:24:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline endicom

AP style guide is updated to normalize “gender” as not being related to sex

Then my gender choice is Deity and I must be so accommodated.

Offline mountaineer

My copy of the style guide is around 20 years old. I'll keep using that version, thanks.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
AP:
Put this into your guide:

Fishrrman's credo:
Reality is what it is. It is not what we believe it to be.