Author Topic: Sen. Graham: 'Just Let Obamacare Collapse'  (Read 599 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Graham: 'Just Let Obamacare Collapse'
« on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:00 pm »

Sen. Graham: 'Just Let Obamacare Collapse'

(CNSNews.com) - As Republicans prepare to vote on their health care bill, which does not fully repeal Obamacare, a number of Republicans say it's a mistake to put their names to the plan:

"Just let Obamacare collapse, then challenge the Democrats to come in and help us fix the mess they created," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told Fox News Friday morning, as lawmakers debated the latest iteration of the bill on the House floor.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sen-graham-just-let-obamacare-collapse

Offline bilo

Re: Sen. Graham: 'Just Let Obamacare Collapse'
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »
The problem is the solution that will be offered will be more govt control over our lives. The rallying cry of the Rats will be "Medicare for all" and single payer will be created. The insurance companies will be bought off by giving them administrative control, or selling supplemental policies.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:47:18 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:15 pm »
Does anyone promoting the idea of "just letting Obamacare collapse" realize that it's going to collapse on people, most of them in need of health insurance?

Does anyone in this group care?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »
The problem is the solution that will be offered will be more govt control over our lives.

The problem with this solution is that people will be hurt.  Badly.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 03:16:47 pm »
The GOP needs to dispense with the idea that ObamaCare will collapse and base any policy decisions on that

In a normal free market, it would have collapse on day one. If any state implemented it, it would be in the dustbin of history.

The federal government operates under a different set of rules. There's a saying regarding journalism that says "never pick a fight with someone who can buy ink by the barrel."

Well, never expect fiscal sanity from an entity that can or have access to money by the barrel. The Federal Reserve will make sure ObamaCare stays afloat. Bank on it. It's going to take a major economic event and even that isn't a guarantee that it goes away.

Look at some of the responses here to the idea of just letting it collapse. We are making economic and fiscal decisions based on feelings and not economics or math. But math and the law of economics will eventually win. And then we all will end up hurt

Be prepared to see another stretch of sub par economic growth and declines in standards of living. Once enough people get to expect freebies, that doesn't get taken away without some backlash. I don't blame those with their handouts demanding government largess be they the poor, middle class, or corporations.

I 100% blame the politicians
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 12:00:45 am »
ObamaCare is never going to collapse as long as Senators like Lindsey Graham continue to allow Treasury printing presses finance it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:24 am »
Does anyone promoting the idea of "just letting Obamacare collapse" realize that it's going to collapse on people, most of them in need of health insurance?

Does anyone in this group care?

I must admit I'm not as concerned about 'the poor' as I used to be. Do they care about those formerly insured who've been priced out of their insurance because of Obamacare?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 12:42:21 am »
With "republicans" like Lindsey Graham around who needs democrats!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien