Author Topic: American Political Integrity Is in a State of Collapse  (Read 960 times)

rangerrebew

American Political Integrity Is in a State of Collapse
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:49:13 pm »
American Political Integrity Is in a State of Collapse

by David French

March 23, 2017 2:08 PM @DavidAFrench

In the political version of the Iran–Iraq war, everyone has grievances and no one has virtues. There is humor in almost everything, even the fast-motion collapse of honesty and integrity in American political discourse.

On Tuesday the Washington Post (no, not the Onion) actually published a piece by former Obama national security-adviser Susan Rice titled, “When the White House twists the truth, we are all less safe.” Yes, that happened. The woman who went on every major Sunday-morning news program after the Benghazi terrorist attacks and told flat-out falsehoods about its nature and motivations is now lecturing America about integrity. A person who was one of the chief national-security officials when the Obama administration was spinning false narratives about the Iran nuclear deal actually wrote this:

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446033/character-political-culture-america-virtue-integrity-dishonesty-collapse-elites-voters

Offline musiclady

Re: American Political Integrity Is in a State of Collapse
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 09:14:00 pm »
Well, when the Republican party sold its soul last summer and nominated a liberal serial liar, we all should have known that the only party to have any integrity left was compromised beyond repair.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:27:31 pm »
Well, when the Republican party sold its soul last summer and nominated a liberal serial liar, we all should have known that the only party to have any integrity left was compromised beyond repair.

A clear sign of our cultural degeneration.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:58:45 pm »
A clear sign of our cultural degeneration.

Agreed.

The cultural rot has reached across the aisle, and what began as a leftist dream to destroy the country is now in both parties.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:09:05 pm »
Political integrity? In my lifetime? where?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 11:22:25 pm »

The only party that has any integrity left is the surprise party.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 01:29:40 am »
Browsing this thread, all I can think is:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 01:36:59 am »
People DIED in Susan Rice's Benghazi, but all the nattering nevertrump nabobs of negatism can do is talk about Trump

President Trump is trying to do things YOU have demanded for 8+ years. Admit it. It is an obsession.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:46:17 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:40 am »
People DIED in Susan Rice's Benghazi, but all the nattering nevertrumpo nabobs of negatism can do is talk about Trump

President Trump is trying to do things YOU have demanded for 8+ years. Admit it.

@truth_seeker

A few excellent Dept. heads, a Superior Supreme Court nomination, Pipelines, some good Regulatory Reforms through EO, but not much else, IMHO.
    I know other Candidates that were running that would, in all probability beat Hillary and got all the aforementioned stuff AND a Repeal/Replace done also. JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 02:34:11 am »
Voters say they dislike dishonest politicians, but Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were two of the least honest politicians in modern American history. They won their parties’ primaries, and neither race was particularly close. Tribalism can be just as corrupting for a coal miner in Kentucky as it can be for a “deep state” intelligence analyst in Langley. America needs political virtue. Where will she find it?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446033/character-political-culture-america-virtue-integrity-dishonesty-collapse-elites-voters

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 03:05:09 am »
People DIED in Susan Rice's Benghazi, but all the nattering nevertrump nabobs of negatism can do is talk about Trump

President Trump is trying to do things YOU have demanded for 8+ years. Admit it. It is an obsession.

Having the likes of Susan Rice lecture us on honesty does ring hollow
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 06:09:20 am »
@truth_seeker

A few excellent Dept. heads, a Superior Supreme Court nomination, Pipelines, some good Regulatory Reforms through EO, but not much else, IMHO.
    I know other Candidates that were running that would, in all probability beat Hillary and got all the aforementioned stuff AND a Repeal/Replace done also. JS
So just dismissing the most conservative budget since Reagan, or even before?

I happen to think he is the ONLY one that could have defeated Hillary. Your "other candidates" pretty much didn't get out of the blocks, or were soundly defeated in the primary.

But that is history. Going forward is an elected Republican not in the mold of McCain or Romney to lose with dignity, but lose nevertheless. And one that is boldly putting forward conservative programs.

Some Republican voters can't be happy their representatives select Ryan to "lead" them. I'm not.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »
Politics has nothing to do with it.

Integrity of most of America's people is just part of the cultural degeneracy going on.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 02:17:48 pm »
Browsing this thread, all I can think is:

You clearly have lost your ability to read, @Fishrrman

This short thread is about the degradation of integrity and cultural rot, and the embracing of Donald Trump by people who used to care about integrity and morality is a part of the problem.

If you can't deal with it, I suggest you find another thread where you can contribute to what's actually being said without insulting the fine members of this forum.

rangerrebew

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »
I posted this earlier in Health.  This would suggest the lack of political integrity is have an effect on individual Americans as well.

National Corruption Breeds Personal Dishonesty

A shady government influences the moral behavior of its citizens

By Simon Makin on March 1, 2017

One bad apple spoils the barrel, so the saying goes. But what if the barrel itself is rotten?

A number of studies have shown that seeing a peer behave unethically increases people's dishonesty in laboratory tests. What is much harder to investigate is how this kind of influence operates at a societal level. But that is exactly what behavioral economists Simon Gächter of the University of Nottingham in England and Jonathan Schulz of Yale University set out to do in a study published in March 2016 in Nature. Their findings suggest that corruption not only harms a nation's prosperity but also shapes the moral behavior of its citizens. The results have implications for interventions aimed at tackling corruption.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/national-corruption-breeds-personal-dishonesty/

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 04:20:39 pm »
Having the likes of Susan Rice lecture us on honesty is a lot like learning about love from Attila the Hun.

Fixed!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:47:43 pm »

Not with Obamacare he is not.  Further, he has ALWAYS said that he supported some form of "government care".
But that is not what is wanted.  People want Obamacare GONE.  And neither Trump nor Ryan are moving in that direction.