Author Topic: London attacker Khalid Masood taught English in Saudi Arabia  (Read 496 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
London attacker Khalid Masood taught English in Saudi Arabia
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:48:46 pm »
CBS/AP March 25, 2017, 1:18 PM
London attacker Khalid Masood taught English in Saudi Arabia

LONDON -- The British man who killed four people during a London rampage had made three trips to Saudi Arabia: He taught English there twice on a work visa and returned on a visa usually granted to those going on a religious pilgrimage.

More details about attacker Khalid Masood’s travels, confirmed by the Saudi Arabian embassy in Britain, emerged Saturday amid a massive British police effort to discover how a homegrown ex-con with a violent streak became radicalized and why he launched a deadly attack Wednesday on Westminster Bridge.

Continued: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/london-attacker-khalid-masood-taught-english-saudi-arabia/

Offline TomSea

Re: London attacker Khalid Masood taught English in Saudi Arabia
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 05:51:10 pm »
Saudi Arabia has all of that oil,  they are appeased, desert storm, the '90s conflict was largely to protect them.

And I'm no expert, but one can wonder if we are on the wrong side in this conflict; per the power brokers of the region are Iran and KSA;  Iran has its dubious side as well but somehow something needs to be worked out.

No surprise, he went to Saudi Arabia in the past.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 12:13:00 am »
TomSea writes:
"one can wonder if we are on the wrong side in this conflict; per the power brokers of the region are Iran and KSA;  Iran has its dubious side as well but somehow something needs to be worked out."

If the country is islamic, it cannot be "on the same side" as we are.

NO islamic country is, or should ever be, considered to be a "friend" of The West.

Does islam consider us (Christians, Jews, and assorted infidels) to be its "friend"...?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 01:54:54 am »
Maybe the US should go fully isolationist but barring that, we've been friends with Egypt and Jordan, Israel has relations with Muslim countries, so now, I don't quite buy that we should just ignore all of those countries. It sounds good; but it's a bit of a platitude. A different and more secular Turkey probably helped us against the USSR. It is all geopolitics and rest assured, Russia will court any country we reject.

Fishrrman wrote:
If the country is islamic, it cannot be "on the same side" as we are.

NO islamic country is, or should ever be, considered to be a "friend" of The West.

Does islam consider us (Christians, Jews, and assorted infidels) to be its "friend"...?

@Fishrrman
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:03:43 am by TomSea »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 02:09:40 am »
This guy was teaching English? I wonder if he taught them how to decipher a quadruple negative.

I never not be sayin' nuttin bout nobody!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:37:33 am »
We just hit another terrorist; it'd be pretty hard to find these people with no help at all.