Author Topic: Discussion About GOP Replacement to Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House Intensifies in White House, Congress  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Keep it honest @Emjay --- I didn't do anything of the sort.

You are becoming a regular drama queen.  Disappointing.  **nononono*

So, I'm not your sweetie anymore?  Seriously, your post gleefully throwing Paul Ryan to the wolves because he couldn't successfully sell ice in Alaska was a little unsettling.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'd happily buy Ryan a one way bus ticket back to Wisconsin--hell, I'd even give him a McDonald's job application to keep him busy on the trip.

@Right_in_Virginia   Sometimes we forget.  The Internet is forever.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think any of that matters, Emjay.  I think Ryan is already set up to take the fall.

I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things at all.  We are WAY too far down the slippery slope to ever get back up short of the man upstairs intervening and I doubt that he will do that.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:53:43 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things at all.  We are WAY too far down the slippery slope to ever get back up!

True, Bigun.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Perhaps the word "R-E-P-E-A-L" now means something!  This is Trump and Ryan's baby.  Ryan wouldn't let people like Rand help and obviously Trump didn't listen to Cruz at Mar-A-Lago.  Trump really has no one to blame but himself. He really needed to deliver on this and listen to the people.  Most of the GOP ran their campaigns on repeal and that certainly included Ryan!

I could never figure out how much of this bill was Trump's baby and how much of it was something somebody persuaded Trump was his baby.

Trump does understand the big picture pretty well and he needs Smart People.  Ted Cruz went to Mar a Lago and wanted to help.  Why didn't Trump let him.

Will Trump learn a lesson from this?  He's not good at learning lessons .....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things at all.  We are WAY too far down the slippery slope to ever get back up short of the man upstairs intervening and I doubt that he will do that.

I'm glad to say I'm a bit more optimistic than you are.  We do have some useless relics in Congress who may die someday but I think, on the whole, the country is more conservative than ever.

I see it all the time on social media.  Most of my church friends are in their little Episcopal bubble worrying about Big Bird, but a few have escaped.

Offline libertybele

I could never figure out how much of this bill was Trump's baby and how much of it was something somebody persuaded Trump was his baby.

Trump does understand the big picture pretty well and he needs Smart People.  Ted Cruz went to Mar a Lago and wanted to help.  Why didn't Trump let him.

Who knows exactly what transpired at Mar-A-Lago between Cruz and Trump regarding this bill.  Cruz obviously was against it and I would venture to say he told him why.  It's not that Trump wouldn't let Cruz help, but it sure seems that Trump didn't listen.

Trump himself campaigned on repealing Bammycare ... so far, he has failed to do so.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Who knows exactly what transpired at Mar-A-Lago between Cruz and Trump regarding this bill.  Cruz obviously was against it and I would venture to say he told him why.  It's not that Trump wouldn't let Cruz help, but it sure seems that Trump didn't listen.

Trump himself campaigned on repealing Bammycare ... so far, he has failed to do so.

I don't blame him totally on this initial failure.  A major piece of legislation like this doesn't just slide through.  If he learns from this and goes to the right people for advice in the future, it may all work out.

What I hate is this Throw Up HIs Hands thing he's doing now.  It's like, well, I tried.

That's not gonna cut it.  I owe Trump a lot and I try like heck to support him but he needs to man up.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia   Sometimes we forget.  The Internet is forever.

No .. I didn't forget.  I think Ryan is a globalist snake completely owned by lobbyists and special interests.  I think the picture perfectly captures his duplicity.

I'd love to see him replaced as Speaker.  But, I'm certainly not dancing on his grave ... that would be silly.  I fully expect the dysfunctional Republicans to keep him as their leader. 

And @Emjay I will not apologize or back down because my opinion of Ryan upsets you or hurts your feelings because you love the guy. So please stop stalking me.

:seeya:   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No .. I didn't forget.  I think Ryan is a globalist snake completely owned by lobbyists and special interests.  I think the picture perfectly captures his duplicity.

I'd love to see him replaced as Speaker.  But, I'm certainly not dancing on his grave ... that would be silly.  I fully expect the dysfunctional Republicans to keep him as their leader. 

And @Emjay I will not apologize or back down because my opinion of Ryan upsets you or hurts your feelings because you love the guy. So please stop stalking me.

:seeya:   

Oh, you can't weasel out now just because people didn't jump on your bandwagon as you apparently expected them to do.

Paul Ryan threw himself on the fire to help Trump pass his bill.  I don't love Ryan so don't even go there.  I think he did his best against all odds to pass a faulty bill that Trump wanted.  You'd love to put this all on Ryan but you can't.  I'm not stalking you.  I'm trying to help you.

If I annoy you that much, you can put me on ignore.  I took everyone off of ignore but it's a good feature if you just can't stand somebody.

I think the meeting with Sen. Cruz had a strong affect on the President and his team @libertybele   After the meeting both the POTUS and his team held several meetings with the HFC ... and included their suggestion/requirement to eliminate the Essential Health Benefits with the bill.  The members of the FC were almost giddy.

But then, some moderates bolted because they wanted the Essential Health Benefits continued.

Like the bill or hate the bill that was proposed, this "process" has shown that Republicans do not yet grasp that governing requires skill in the art of compromise.   :shrug:

If I annoy you that much, you can put me on ignore.

You do not annoy me @Emjay   It's just that I'm living rent-free in your head, and it's starting to feel a little creepy.

Perhaps the better route would be for you to put me on your ignore list.

That is all.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Am I the only one that notices, articles no longer give tables with "family of 4" premium estimates, savings etc.?

Decades back journalism included giving out some data, some estimates, some details.

Increasingly we have more insult slinging, and less information.

I have seem no details of this bill. And I have seen no details of objections to this bill.

No facts, no figures. Just insults, blame, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Oh come on.  You must be wearing blinders.  Trump announced way before he was elected he was going to replace Obama Care and everyone would be covered.  This is Trumps baby and his partner in crime was salivating at the prospects of Trump Care.  And now they resemble Thelma and Louise.  They drove over the cliff together.

Rest in peace.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:54:47 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm glad to say I'm a bit more optimistic than you are.  We do have some useless relics in Congress who may die someday but I think, on the whole, the country is more conservative than ever.

I see it all the time on social media.  Most of my church friends are in their little Episcopal bubble worrying about Big Bird, but a few have escaped.

@Emjay

Let me say that it is my most fervent hope that you are proven to be 100% right and I the opposite.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I'd happily buy Ryan a one way bus ticket back to Wisconsin--hell, I'd even give him a McDonald's job application to keep him busy on the trip.

I really miss Pelosi running things....

/sarc

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I really miss Pelosi running things....

/sarc
Looking at that picture, I though Nancy's beard was fuller, and her Adams Apple a bit more pronounced, but it may just be me.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline anubias

They best be discussing his removal and act upon it.