Author Topic: Sanctuary Cities Violate Supremacy Clause  (Read 287 times)

rangerrebew

Sanctuary Cities Violate Supremacy Clause
« on: March 24, 2017, 08:48:12 pm »
Sanctuary Cities Violate Supremacy Clause

By Douglas V. Gibbs —— Bio and Archives March 24, 2017

It has always fascinated me that the liberal left progressives regularly use the Supremacy Clause as an excuse for the unconstitutional control the federal government wields over the States, but when the Supremacy Clause is actually violated, they suddenly ask about States’ Rights and disregard the presence of the Supremacy Clause in the U.S. Constitution.

President Obama used the Supremacy Clause against Arizona S.B. 1050, that State’s immigration law, saying that if the federal government chooses not to enforce immigration law, as per the Supremacy Clause, the States cannot have laws contrary to that federal inaction.  Never mind that in Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution the President is instructed to “faithfully execute the laws of the United States.”

The federal government uses the Supremacy Clause when it comes to Abortion, as well, telling the States they cannot outright ban abortion because it would be a violation of Roe v. Wade, despite the fact that the authority over the murderous procedure is not granted to the federal government anywhere in the Constitution, and the federal courts have no constitutionally granted powers to legislate (make law).

http://canadafreepress.com/article/sanctuary-cities-violate-supremacy-clause
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:48:47 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Sanctuary Cities Violate Supremacy Clause
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »
Of course it does!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Re: Sanctuary Cities Violate Supremacy Clause
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:51:17 pm »
It seems to me I remember Eric Holder suing Arizona because they wanted to write their own immigration policy and the supreme soviet said states have no right to do so.