Author Topic: Rachel Dolezal Claims She’s “A Woke Soul Sista” in New Autobiography  (Read 301 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Unfortunately, America is a place with weak protections for the average worker. Because of this reality, I’ve been forced to spend the last two days reading Rachel Dolezal’s new autobiography, In Full Color, out March 28.  You probably remember Dolezal as the former white female NAACP chapter president who identifies as black.  Well, she’s back and boy, does she have some things to say.

Such an arduous task of reading horrendous garbage like In Full Color is likely illegal in most enlightened European countries. After finishing Dolezal’s 280-page “journey to self-identification,” I’ve decided to become a Marxist revolutionary so I can help spare any future generations from such unjust working conditions.

Since I remain a man of the people, I’ve provided you with some of the best sections and tidbits of the Dolezal origin story:

The second chapter, “Escaping to Africa (in My Head)” (yes, really), describes Dolezal’s frustration at growing up in rural Montana. She “didn’t even know Good Times, Sanford and Son, or The Jeffersons existed until” she went to college.  Most of the book sounds this way, as in a midwestern white person desperately trying to sound like she grew up in West Philadelphia.
    When she was a young child, Dolezal inexplicably felt an affinity to “blackness” despite growing up in a town with no black people.  Dolezal recounts pretending “to be a dark-skinned princess in the Sahara Desert or one of the Bantu women living in the Congo.”  In one of her fantasies, Africa was “home” where she “possessed the ability to control the weather.”
    In the chapter “Hustling to Make a Dollar,” Dolezal equates her childhood chores with “the institution of chattel slavery in America.”  Her living conditions made her develop a “similar resourcefulness” as black slaves. She repeats this claim on page 73, saying “it wouldn’t have been too much of a stretch to call me an indentured servant.”  It should be noted that most of what Dolezal describes as a strict, Christian upbringing is not unlike what many children endured in 20th Century America.  According to my calculations, Dolezal is the only member of this generation who identifies as a different race because of these conditions.
    Dolezal describes “reading library books about Black history” as “unconsciously feeding my soul.” A common theme throughout the book is Dolzeal’s conflating white-American poverty with the “black experience.”  Like many unmindful liberals, Dolezal believes white America is defined solely by middle-class consumerism and values whereas black America is defined entirely by racial and economic struggle.
    In college, Dolezal fully realizes her new black identity: “Finally able to embrace my true self, I allowed the little girl I’d colored with a brown crayon so long ago to emerge.”
    Her first marriage ended in divorce because she “was a little too Black” for her black husband’s “tastes.” In this marriage, Dolezal learned a painful lesson, “that a Black man could be, culturally and philosophically, as white as any white man.” In other words, Dolezal feels blacker than actual black people.

More: https://heatst.com/culture-wars/rachel-dolezal-claims-shes-a-woke-soul-sista-in-new-autobiography/

Don't give a damned about Racial Holdall, but this review is a thing of beauty.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

She is insane, she needs to run for President.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
She's so fun to beat the liberals with. 'She's transracial, you sniveling white privilege intolerant bigot, and she can identify as she pleases!'

Liberals don't know what to say to that.
The Republic is lost.