Author Topic: Trump: Why Should I Apologize for Tying Ted Cruz’s Dad to Lee Harvey Oswald?  (Read 3159 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No, this isn't an old article. It actually came up again. And he believes the National Enquirer fake (in that it wasn't Cruz's dad in them) photos.

On a day when Donald Trump is trying to get the House to pass TrumpCare and the Senate’s business is overshadowed by the Gorsuch hearings, we have a new interview in which Trump plays the jackass. And nowhere is his jackassery more on display than in this comment:

But you would agree also that some of the things you have said haven’t been true. You say that Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald....

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/03/23/trump-apologize-tying-ted-cruzs-dad-lee-harvey-oswald/

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

A 'no comment' would've been far better.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
No, this isn't an old article. It actually came up again. And he believes the National Enquirer fake (in that it wasn't Cruz's dad in them) photos.

Trump is a dishonest immoral man who doesn't have an ounce of honor in him. Its the creature he is and will forever be.

The fact is that Trump admitted to lying about this when he told Wolf Blitzer that he didn't really believe the story but he wanted to win.

The only reason this dog is returning to its vomit is because Ted Cruz continues to oppose the health care bill that Trump supports.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:57:18 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Read the transcript. That is painful.

Donald old pal, stop talking so much. You aren't that good at it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Amen.

I'm really trying to be fair to him, but today his foot in mouth disease has been acting up.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

Well how can you blame Don for sounding like a professional jackass in this interview. Lyin' Ted hanging around with that ugly wife of his and the murdering father would shake anyone's nerves.

Offline ABX

I really do wish he drank because it would be a reasonable excuse for his mouth.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Let me guess. This is another "nothingburger" that we have to ignore, as it's just Trump being Trump.

Or is someone going to sprain their brain trying to explain what Trump meant here? Spicer could use all the help he can get.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:27:31 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Let me guess. This is another "nothingburger" that we have to ignore, as it's just Trump being Trump.

Or is someone going to sprain their brain trying to explain what Trump meant here? Spicer could use all the help he can get.

Well, from the article he is basically saying "I didn't say that, I said a newspaper (the Enquirer) said it". Is that even true?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good advice.  He should take it.

He should also apologize.

Offline Idiot

Oh man....this brings back memories why I couldn't stand the man.  Once a jackass....always a jackass.   :laugh:

Offline r9etb

Oh man....this brings back memories why I couldn't stand the man.  Once a jackass....always a jackass.   :laugh:

A jackass can't change its stripes?

geronl

A jackass can't change its stripes?

They can try!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Silver Pines

@don-o

He isn't my "pal."  He's just a shameless, repellent old moron.

Offline corbe

Trump: Why Should I Apologize for Tying Ted Cruz’s Dad to Lee Harvey Oswald?

 Posted at 12:00 pm on March 23, 2017 by Patterico

On a day when Donald Trump is trying to get the House to pass TrumpCare (I hope he fails, by the way) and the Senate’s business is overshadowed by the Gorsuch hearings, we have a new interview in which Trump plays the jackass. And nowhere is his jackassery more on display than in this comment:

But you would agree also that some of the things you have said haven’t been true. You say that Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Well that was in a newspaper. No, no, I like Ted Cruz, he’s a friend of mine. But that was in the newspaper. I wasn’t, I didn’t say that. I was referring to a newspaper. A Ted Cruz article referred to a newspaper story with, had a picture of Ted Cruz, his father, and Lee Harvey Oswald, having breakfast.

That gets close to the heart…

Why do you say that I have to apologize? I’m just quoting the newspaper, just like I quoted the judge the other day, Judge Napolitano, I quoted Judge Napolitano, just like I quoted Bret Baier, I mean Bret Baier mentioned the word wiretap. Now he can now deny it, or whatever he is doing, you know. But I watched Bret Baier, and he used that term. I have a lot of respect for Judge Napolitano, and he said that three sources have told him things that would make me right. I don’t know where he has gone with it since then. But I’m quoting highly respected people from highly respected television networks.
<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/03/23/trump-apologize-tying-ted-cruzs-dad-lee-harvey-oswald/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Teflon Don

*****rollingeyes*****
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mom MD

Because it's the right thing to do you arrogant piece of dog poop?
God is still in control

Offline ABX

...I was referring to a newspaper. A Ted Cruz article referred to a newspaper story with, had a picture of Ted Cruz, his father, and Lee Harvey Oswald, having breakfast.....

Except the photo is a lie. There is no evidence at all it is Cruz's dad in that photo. Just some Hispanic looking guy who looks only barely like Cruz's dad but could also be ten million other Hispanic guys.

Fringe blogs and tabloids made up the story it was Cruz's dad with zero evidence. As Trumpy still believes that and didn't have even an iota of concern it wasn't true, really says a lot.

Offline skeeter

Except the photo is a lie. There is no evidence at all it is Cruz's dad in that photo. Just some Hispanic looking guy who looks only barely like Cruz's dad but could also be ten million other Hispanic guys.

Fringe blogs and tabloids made up the story it was Cruz's dad with zero evidence. As Trumpy still believes that and didn't have even an iota of concern it wasn't true, really says a lot.

Worse, the tabloid ran the story with the specific purpose of helping Trump.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I suspect he's having a Trumpertantrum to try and get Cruz behind Trump care.

Silver Pines

Meanwhile Cruz rolls his eyes and laughs at the bloated idiot.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Because it's the right thing to do you arrogant piece of dog poop?

:thumbsup3:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline corbe

Welcome Back @Freya, missed ya!