Author Topic: Enough of the Precocious Conservakids!  (Read 352 times)

Offline endicom

Enough of the Precocious Conservakids!
« on: March 23, 2017, 12:44:34 pm »
Townhall
Kurt Schlichter
Mar. 23, 2017

For some unfathomable reason, conservatives always seem to get excited when a moderately articulate post-puberty pundit comes along and parrots some simulacrum of conservative doctrine – except it almost always ends up like when my retriever-corgi mix tries to walk on her stubby back legs and we gasp in delight, “Look, Bitey thinks she’s people!”

This is not a criticism of young people; it’s a criticism of us grown-ups, and a recognition of reality that keeps biting us on the Jeb. We need to dispense with the cute kid conservative novelty acts and understand that our ideology – unlike liberalism – is not based on feelings and preferences but is instead drawn from a wisdom and understanding of human nature that comes only from hard-won life experience. That’s not to say young people should sit down and shut up – far from it. They have valuable insights we need to hear, especially from worlds they uniquely inhabit, like colleges or the company-level military. Sometimes they have done in-depth study and reporting on specific issues, including writing books. That’s earned expertise, not some mere knack for viral ranting, and that’s not what we are talking about here.

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/03/23/enough-of-the-precocious-conservakids-n2302112

Good rant from Schlichter.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Enough of the Precocious Conservakids!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:57:26 pm »
Enough with the hero worship period.

In 2015 when everybody was talking about Ted Cruz being the next president I predicted that the next political Justin Beiber would come along and "conservatives" would run off chasing him like a herd of teenage girls. My only mistake was in predicting a Beiber. Instead it was Jerry Springer.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:22:20 pm »
Enough with the hero worship period.

In 2015 when everybody was talking about Ted Cruz being the next president I predicted that the next political Justin Beiber would come along and "conservatives" would run off chasing him like a herd of teenage girls. My only mistake was in predicting a Beiber. Instead it was Jerry Springer.

Yes and he has plenty of fangirls on this website, that is for sure.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:30:50 pm »

Can you cite where you were posting these prognostications or are you full of shit like you always are?

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:51:21 pm »
Tomi has always struck me as shrill and annoying.  Like a mini Ann Coulter. 

I've been impressed with Ben Shapiro for years though.  Dude's smart as a whip.   :laugh:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:44:31 pm »
Can you cite where you were posting these prognostications or are you full of shit like you always are?
I'll vouch for it. You can go look it up, but you will find it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »
I'll vouch for it. You can go look it up, but you will find it.

Many can vouch that he is full of shit. It isn't a secret.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 09:49:18 pm »
Tomi has always struck me as shrill and annoying.  Like a mini Ann Coulter. 

I've been impressed with Ben Shapiro for years though.  Dude's smart as a whip.   :laugh:

I think it's pretty clear Tomi is just eye candy like most of the other bimbettes at Fox News.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:12 am »
This isn't a phenomenon unique to conservatism by any means. Think of any number of child stars and prodigies. For their age, they look impressive. When they grow up, most don't advance much further—they peaked in childhood, and they don't look that much more impressive than their peers who have caught up.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024