Author Topic: This Just In: Boycott of N.C. Over Bathroom Bill Dies With a Whimper  (Read 681 times)

Offline endicom

PJ Media
D. C. McCallister
Mar. 22, 2017

The economic boycott of North Carolina over the state’s controversial “bathroom law” that requires men and women to use their respective bathrooms in public facilities is a failure.

As reported by Bradford and Valerie Richardson in the Washington Times:

Tourism has thrived: Hotel occupancy, room rates and demand for rooms set records in 2016, according to the year-end hotel lodging report issued last week by VisitNC, part of the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina.

Meanwhile, North Carolina ranked fourth in the nation for attracting and expanding businesses with the arrival of 289 major projects, and seventh in projects per capita — the same as in 2015, according to Site Selection magazine, which released its 2016 rankings in the March edition.

North Carolina finished first for drawing corporate facilities in the eight-state South Atlantic region, said Site Selection, which uses figures tracked by the Conway Projects Database.

And in November, both Forbes and Site Selection magazine ranked North Carolina the No. 2 state for business climate.

Also unscathed was the state’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate, which registered at 5.3 percent in January 2016 and 5.3 percent in January 2017, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

More... https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03/22/this-just-in-boycott-of-n-c-over-bathroom-bill-dies-with-a-whimper/

Well, they were boycotted by the parasitical entertainment industry, including sports. They should be better off for it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: This Just In: Boycott of N.C. Over Bathroom Bill Dies With a Whimper
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:00:23 am »

Demonstration for Transgenders fails. Participants don't know whether to stand-up or sit-in.

It hasn't been a major problem until the Obama Clinton era. The dems should own it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:37 am »

It hasn't been a major problem until the Obama Clinton era. The dems should own it.

The very idea of it was laughable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 04:24:21 am »
Well, I haven't been there since this all started.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 05:00:15 am »
Good.  I've been to Raleigh and would love to go back.  Tries to act like a big city, but at heart it's a small southern town with plenty of southern hospitality.

Would hate to see that state ruined financially by a minority of perverts and snowflakes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 05:58:15 am »
Good.  I've been to Raleigh and would love to go back.  Tries to act like a big city, but at heart it's a small southern town with plenty of southern hospitality.

Would hate to see that state ruined financially by a minority of perverts and snowflakes.
I was joking, because I haven't been down that way in 20 years. I really liked it out in the western part. I'm glad the perverts and snowflakes didn't have any effect. If I could have I'd have stopped in and helped the economy along.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:59:38 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 06:31:52 am »
The NCAA moved a regional basketball tournament from Greensboro to South Carolina as their form of protest.  At the time the move was announced the NCAA caught a lot of flak from certain corners for mixing sports and politics.

As it turns out, the team from South Carolina upset Duke last weekend.  They were essentially playing a home game due to the change in locations.  Had the NCAA not made the location change, then Duke would have essentially played a home game.

With Duke out of the tournament TV viewership will go way down for the rest of the games.  Karma is a bitch.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:54 am »
The NCAA moved a regional basketball tournament from Greensboro to South Carolina as their form of protest.  At the time the move was announced the NCAA caught a lot of flak from certain corners for mixing sports and politics.

As it turns out, the team from South Carolina upset Duke last weekend.  They were essentially playing a home game due to the change in locations.  Had the NCAA not made the location change, then Duke would have essentially played a home game.

With Duke out of the tournament TV viewership will go way down for the rest of the games.  Karma is a bitch.

NCAA thought it could be the big bully. Ditto the mere performers imagining themselves gods. The more NC ignored the bullies was the more they shrank. Maybe there's a lesson there.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »

NCAA thought it could be the big bully. Ditto the mere performers imagining themselves gods. The more NC ignored the bullies was the more they shrank. Maybe there's a lesson there.

I'm sure the North Carolina politicians just want the whole damn issue to fade away into the sunset.  The previous governor got voted out and there's new blood at the state capital.  But if they chose to press their hand they've got a damned good lawsuit sitting there ripe for the picking.

An important key to life is to force bullies to pay a price they can't afford to pay.  Letting them slide is a very dangerous gamble.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 12:39:26 pm »
We live in Greensboro and one of our clients is The ACC.  I can tell you they are still under a lot of pressure by the PC and activist types. 

If you talk to people in restaurants and bars, they want the tournaments to come back, but they really don't want the "bathroom" law changed.  The push for that is among the PC liberals and activists.  A minority imposing their will on the majority and putting females further at risk in the process.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 12:40:13 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 01:07:43 pm »
We live in Greensboro and one of our clients is The ACC.  I can tell you they are still under a lot of pressure by the PC and activist types. 

If you talk to people in restaurants and bars, they want the tournaments to come back, but they really don't want the "bathroom" law changed.  The push for that is among the PC liberals and activists.  A minority imposing their will on the majority and putting females further at risk in the process.

Bingo.  One would assume that since we live in a country where majority rules that trangenders are at least 51% of the population.

---

As a side note my daughter is visiting colleges right now trying to narrow the field.  It's an important decision, obviously, but her criteria is not exactly in sync with mine to put it mildly.  I don't care one bit if the mascot has a goofy name for example.  One of the colleges is in Greensboro.  My plan is to employ a trick used by real estate agents.  Show them one house you know they won't like, show them another that is OK but not great, then lastly show them the house that is the perfect fit.  She'll be visiting Greensboro last.

Offline endicom

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 01:11:13 pm »

An important key to life is to force bullies to pay a price they can't afford to pay.  Letting them slide is a very dangerous gamble.

I hope I'm right in thinking the manifest irrelevance of these bullies is the price they pay. If in other places they see that NC is better off for opposing the bullies then they might follow suit.

Offline endicom

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 01:18:27 pm »

That pressure will be there for as long as it is believed to work. Maybe NC will be the state to show it doesn't work.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 02:13:48 pm »
The athletic associations should not delve into politics.  It's just rude, not to mention bad for business.  Viewers are drawn to sports as a means of escape.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »
The athletic associations should not delve into politics.  It's just rude, not to mention bad for business.  Viewers are drawn to sports as a means of escape.

ESPN viewer ratings have been in a nose dive.  They are assuming it is primarily due to increased competition from other networks.  They are wrong.  Their politics have alienated half the population.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 02:27:37 pm »

I never connected the back story about bathrooms with SC's defeat of Duke.

What a beautiful thing!  (Sorry Duke fans..... I was neutral.  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.