Author Topic: CAN SEARS SURVIVE? MAYBE NOT, COMPANY ADMITS IN FINANCIAL FILINGS  (Read 816 times)

Offline Applewood

"Sears used to be the titan of American retailing. But now its future is in doubt.

Shares of the company's stock tumbled 12 percent today after the company acknowledged Tuesday in its annual 10-K filing that its future viability is not a sure thing. A 10-K is a report that public companies file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, giving a comprehensive summary of the company's financial performance."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/22/521143468/can-sears-survive-maybe-not-company-admits-in-financial-filings

I think we all knew this was coming -- has been for several years.  But now it seems the big wigs are finally admitting it. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: CAN SEARS SURVIVE? MAYBE NOT, COMPANY ADMITS IN FINANCIAL FILINGS
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:34 pm »
Looks like I better stock up on Craftsman hand tools with the lifetime warranty......oh. Wait a minute....

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:22:57 am »
Looks like I better stock up on Craftsman hand tools with the lifetime warranty......oh. Wait a minute....
Don't worry, you can just buy the Husky brand, Home Depot isn't going anywhere. Sometimes it's hard to tell the Husky and Craftsman apart.  And you can find just as many illegals at Home Depot as Sears, except at Home Depot they are standing out in the parking lot.:whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:27:33 am »
Don't worry, you can just buy the Husky brand, Home Depot isn't going anywhere. Sometimes it's hard to tell the Husky and Craftsman apart.  And you can find just as many illegals at Home Depot as Sears, except at Home Depot they are standing out in the parking lot.:whistle:

Yeah, but when I use a craftsman screwdriver as a concrete chisel because I am too lazy to walk to the tool box, I can take it back and they give me a brand new one free, no questions asked. Husky used/broken tool returns, not so much.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 01:21:17 pm »
Yeah, but when I use a craftsman screwdriver as a concrete chisel because I am too lazy to walk to the tool box, I can take it back and they give me a brand new one free, no questions asked. Husky used/broken tool returns, not so much.

I haven't tried out an exchange, but their warranty claims for hand tools (Pliers, Wrenches, Ratchets, Hammers, Sockets, Plumbing Tools)  all state: 

If your Husky hand tool ever fails, bring it back and we will replace it free. This full warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary state to state. For details, visit your nearby store or call 1-888-HD-HUSKY

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/de/de8723b5-3644-476f-b174-0daeffb42a00.pdf

The hand tools section does not have the words "this Husky product fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship" found with their other products.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer