Author Topic: It’s Not ISIS We Need to Beat -- It’s the Caliphate (December 29, 2015 Daniel Greenfield)  (Read 563 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 December 29, 2015
Daniel Greenfield

A recent report by, of all places, the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, found that the Syrian rebels were mostly Islamic Jihadists and that even if ISIS were defeated there were 15 other groups sharing its worldview that were ready to take its place.

And that’s just in Syria.

The official ISIS story, the one that we read in the newspapers, watch on television and hear on the radio, is that it’s a unique group whose brand of extremism is so extreme that there is no comparing it to anything else. ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Or with anything else. It’s a complete aberration.

Except for the 15 other Jihadist groups ready to step into its shoes in just one country.

Islamic Supremacist organizations like ISIS can be graded on the “Caliphate curve”. The Caliphate curve is based on how quickly an Islamic organization wants to achieve the Caliphate. What we describe as “extreme” or “moderate” is really the speed at which an Islamic group seeks to recreate the Caliphate.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/261264/its-not-isis-we-need-beat-its-caliphate-daniel-greenfield

I'm posting this article because people need to be reminded CONSTANTLY about the threat of ISLAM.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Chosen Daughter @Smokin Joe @Hoodat @Mesaclone

I would be interested to know how you all stand on the issue of islam.

Personally, I think it needs to be wiped from the face of the earth in its entirety.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Hoodat

Not a fan of it.  Twenty years back, I would attend a masjid on Fridays for jumah.  I found many of the attendees quite remarkable as was their opinion of Jesus.  But their god does not seem to be the loving relational type.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Not a fan of it.  Twenty years back, I would attend a masjid on Fridays for jumah.  I found many of the attendees quite remarkable as was their opinion of Jesus.  But their god does not seem to be the loving relational type.

The reason I am asking is because in the final final it is going to take an immense loss of life to stop it.

So, is that going to be a "just" war?

Offline Hoodat

The reason I am asking is because in the final final it is going to take an immense loss of life to stop it.

So, is that going to be a "just" war?

Not a concern of mine.  Armageddon literally means the sorrow of Meggido which is where King Josiah died.  So I don't buy into that epic "Left Behind"-type battle in the desert.  I trust God to handle it His way.  If it happens in the remaining 30 years of my life, I will be on the other side of the planet when it does.

In the mean time, have you ever considered the relativity of God?  Our world view is typically based upon a time interval of 80 years or less.  Remember getting grounded when you were 10 years old?  Not being able to play with friends in the neighborhood for an entire Saturday seemed like an eternity.   But as the years pass, they seem to go by faster and faster because each year represents an ever-decreasing fraction of that overall time interval.

Now consider looking at it from God's time interval.  Four hundred years of captivity in Egypt is nothing to an entity who transcends billions of earth years.  So keep that in mind when you ask why something bad happened to someone at one infinitesimally short moment in the grand scheme of things.  Because we do not have full knowledge of what God knows.  Eternity is a very long time.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Matthew 6:33
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

In the mean time, have you ever considered the relativity of God?

I have. But these days I am not so much interested in the eternal. I am more, philosophically, interested in the infinite.

The message I am conveying is I am willing to lay down the life of islam to save the lives of my grandchildren.

They have had their run.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not a concern of mine.  Armageddon literally means the sorrow of Meggido which is where King Josiah died.  So I don't buy into that epic "Left Behind"-type battle in the desert.  I trust God to handle it His way.  If it happens in the remaining 30 years of my life, I will be on the other side of the planet when it does.

In the mean time, have you ever considered the relativity of God?  Our world view is typically based upon a time interval of 80 years or less.  Remember getting grounded when you were 10 years old?  Not being able to play with friends in the neighborhood for an entire Saturday seemed like an eternity.   But as the years pass, they seem to go by faster and faster because each year represents an ever-decreasing fraction of that overall time interval.

Now consider looking at it from God's time interval.  Four hundred years of captivity in Egypt is nothing to an entity who transcends billions of earth years.  So keep that in mind when you ask why something bad happened to someone at one infinitesimally short moment in the grand scheme of things.  Because we do not have full knowledge of what God knows.  Eternity is a very long time.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Matthew 6:33

Well said, Hoodat. 

Whatever we think God will do, He always pulls out a surprise or two.  I'm not a prophet and I don't pretend to know how whatever it is is going to happen.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Personally, I think it needs to be wiped from the face of the earth in its entirety.
Indeed.  It is an abomination.  It has no power, the West possesses that power.  Once it undermines the West, it is unstoppable.

Its premise is to rule, by whatever means necessary.  Those who do not stop it are as complicit as the those who perform terrorism.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I would love to see Islam eliminated as a threat to Western Civilization.

But in presenting the issue as one of 'convert (abandon Islam) or die', some will argue we become no better than they in that regard.

Let's look at what we (should) know about Islam, as a system of conquest (it isn't just a religion, because it does not just seek to accumulate believers, but to eliminate those who are not, ultimately for the purpose of achieving "peace" through world domination, through the elimination or total subjugation of all others.)
There can be no changes in Islam. To change any syllable of the Koran is punishable by death. Thus translations are not the Koran, but an approximation (Otherwise, the translator should be hunted down, simply because as with any translation some things just do not translate well.) So, don't expect a 'Mecca II conference' to come out with some softer, gentler version.

If there was a single organism on Earth devoted to the elimination of Humans, to the extent it would gladly die in order to attempt to kill us, we'd brush aside the environmentalists and do all in our power to eradicate it.

But here, we are not dealing with an organism, but a philosophy, a raison d'etre, a worldview, a religion, a framework of government, a culture, an entire way of life. To eliminate it would go beyond genocide, for every remnant that might lead to a resurgence would have to be carefully ferreted out and destroyed.  To leave no stone standing upon another.

That's some pretty heavy stuff, and a resolve not seen since the Romans sacked Carthage.

Not that much of the world hasn't mobilized against a threat before, twice in the last century, this was done. But even now, those philosophies remain, are noted in history, real remnants of the past, relics of that threat (and a great many fakes and reproductions) not only exist, but are actively traded by a range of people who vary in motive from historical interest to fanatic belief.

But to eliminate a culture would involve the elimination of their cultural icons as well, like the destruction of holy sites, historical architecture, artwork, and writings.

Where, indeed, have we seen this? 5,000 year old Buddhas shelled with artillery pieces, archaeological sites looted wholesale, tombs blown up, artwork destroyed?

You know the answer. What we fight has no qualms about the systematic eradication of the very memory of the cultures it overruns, nor the enslavement or slaughter of the people who adhere to those cultures. In fact, it celebrates that destruction.

There is no soft way to deal with that, no 'peaceful coexistence' save that to be found in territorial separation or the eventual triumph of one over the other.

The question is one of how much territory would be enough, and how to keep that balance if the former was to be attempted--and how long it would take for one side or the other to deem it necessary to have more. While the West certainly has had its wars of territorial domination, as has the Far East, Islam has the stated goal of having it all. Therefore, there will always be conflict, as the spread of Islam is mandated in its teachings, with the goal of global domination.
That removes the option of a tense, if quasi-peaceful, coexistence of any duration from consideration in the long run.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 03:16:30 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What I don't get is the hands off or kid glove treatment of moslems.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What I don't get is the hands off or kid glove treatment of moslems.
They get that from those who think they are fellow travelers, believers, the naive, and those who think they are somehow united with them in fighting an enemy (the Conservatives/Christians and Jews) in America.

If they aren't believers, they're useful idiots or they believe they can use Islam like any other group of 'victims', which is like gradeschoolers playing catch with a live grenade, thinking because they can catch it they can control it.

The first defense is simple: control who comes in:
Control the borders, have the guts to say 'no', and have the guts to send them back when those here legally for a visit run out of visa. We have wanted this since Eisenhower.

Commit a crime? Get sent back. Period. Don't put them in our jails, deport them for anything not a capital crime, execute them for what is.

Stop glossing over reality with sugarcoating and stop being in denial about terrorist acts large and small.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Moslem terror in the UK today and the moslem community is in fear. FMR.

WHY? Put up with them?