Author Topic: Rush: Go Back and Watch Election Night and You’ll Find the Root of the Democrats’ Russia Delusion  (Read 628 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/03/21/go-back-and-watch-election-night-and-youll-find-the-root-of-the-democrats-russia-delusion/

Go Back and Watch Election Night and You’ll Find the Root of the Democrats’ Russia Delusion

Mar 21, 2017

RUSH: You know what I did? I took my own advice, folks, and I went back last night and I watched some election night coverage. I told you yesterday if you want to find out why all of this is happening, go back and watch election night coverage. Pick any network, including Fox — it doesn’t matter — and start about 7 p.m. and watch a little, fast forward, watch a little more, and you’ll note that at about 9 to 9:30 is when the party-like atmosphere on every network begins to change obviously and dramatically.

And from 9:30 on it becomes funereal. It becomes panic city. Everything the Democrats were just so certain of is crumbling right before their eyes on their very own maps and tote boards. I went back and I took my own advice, and I did this. I was hoping that it would reignite new perspective. Plus, I figured if I suggested that you do it, it might not hurt me to do it as well. And I’m telling you, folks, I went off the grid to do this.

I shut down email. I didn’t know that Trump had a rally last night until it was almost five minutes away from being concluded, ’cause I got home and I went and did this little project, and I didn’t respond to anything. I was off the grid to be able to do this uninterrupted. The utter shock, the utter horror, the anger and the grief of the anchors and the analysts and the reporters revealed to me that these people were so cocksure that this was going to be a Hillary landslide. They were partying. They were celebrating. They were casting each other knowing glances. They were speaking disparagingly of Trump and Trump voters, and it was going to be a rout.

And this night, election night last year, was going to be the end of any official opposition to the establishment, to the Democrat Party. That’s what the election night in November last year really was. Wiping out Trump was going to wipe out the Republicans. It was going to give Hillary Clinton at least four years of Supreme Court nominations, and that would shape country culturally for the rest of many Americans’ lives, and they would be able to do nothing about it.

Believe me, election night last year — and they all believed it. It was like you and Christmas Eve when you were a kid. And the shock and the horror and the anger and the grief that slowly crept over all of these people’s faces and manners and behavior was just beautiful to behold. They knew they were gonna win. They knew they were gonna win with a blinding certainty that was created over a span of many months, with bingeing arrogance.

Hillary Clinton was gonna win in a landslide, period. Donald Trump was gonna be wiped out. The Republicans were gonna be wiped out. They had their polls. They had their surveys. They had everything, their focus groups, they had all the data. It was conclusive. Nate Silver was telling them 95% chance Hillary’s gonna win. A Trump win was inconceivable. And not just because they were all assured by stat gurus that Hillary had that 95% chance of winning, they also didn’t know anybody voting for Trump.

They don’t know anybody who believes in God anymore. They don’t know anybody who actually works on a farm. They don’t know anybody who goes to church. They think they’re the mainstream, and they’re not. And all of this hit them upside the head on election night.

And I’m gonna tell you this, folks. I’m so glad I did this, because I’m here to tell you, nothing Russia did created this arrogance. Nothing Russia did created this willful blindness the Democrats and the media had about Trump’s prospects. Russia did not hack all of these Democrat polls to mislead Democrats. They believed their own fake polls. They believed their own data. The Russians didn’t create it. The Russians didn’t create the polls. Nate Silver’s not a Russian plant.

The Russians had nothing to do with creating all of these fake circumstances the Democrats believed lock, stock, and barrel was going to result and end in a Hillary landslide. Russia did not send fake information to John Podesta causing him to believe Hillary could ignore Rust Belt states. Russia did not provide fake information to news propagandists brainwashing them into believing Trump’s rallies meant nothing.

I even saw some people, “Yeah, those Trump rallies, audience size at rallies doesn’t mean anything.” Russia had nothing to do with creating the Democrat Party mind-set. They weren’t even concerned about the Russians. They weren’t concerned about a thing. In fact, for most of the Democrat Party’s history, they have loved the Soviet Union and then the Russians, as they love all totalitarian regimes. Russia did not write Obamacare, which got so many Trump voters to the polls. Russia did not kill Ambassador Stevens. Russia did not dictate our horrible response at Benghazi. Russia did not create the worst economic recovery in American history.

Barack Obama and the Democrats did. Barack Obama and the Democrats did not save Ambassador Stevens and the three others killed at Benghazi. Barack Obama and the Democrats wrote the Unaffordable Care Act. Yes, that’s what it should be called, the Unaffordable Care Act. The Russians had nothing to do with any of this.

Russia did not make Hillary Clinton lazy. Russia did not make Hillary Clinton uninteresting. Russia did not make Hillary Clinton the lousiest candidate the Democrats have nominated in a long time. Russia did not cause Hillary Clinton to almost faint and fall over and have to be thrown into a van one beautiful September morning.

Somebody please tell that to FBI Director Comey. Russia didn’t do any of the things that led to the Democrats losing the election. Not a single thing. The Democrats lost this election on substance. The Democrats lost this election on personality. The Democrats lost this election on policy. The Democrats lost this election on arrogance. The Democrats lost this election on condescending attitudes toward most Americans.

The Democrats lost this election because they have become out of touch with the American people, and the Russians have not a single thing to do with any of the real reasons that the Democrat Party and Hillary Clinton lost the presidency. It was all self-inflicted. They conspired, all the news people, all the pollsters, all the campaign people, candidate, Huma, all of them conspired in a collective self-delusion, an ignorance-is-bliss bubble conspiracy.

And in the midst of all this, reality made a phone call. Reality called in to say that Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate and an outsider had a distinct advantage over her. Democrats didn’t answer the call. And because Trump won and shattered — you go back and you watch this, you can’t believe until you watch it again knowing what you know now, you can’t believe how totally broken and shattered they were.

One thing you have to admire, is how these people put it back together to reassert themselves as though they are still the majority, as though they got shafted, as though they got screwed, as though it’s somebody else’s fault, because this is what they do. They lie; they misconstrue; they obfuscate; they blame; they camouflage themselves. And so it really wasn’t that hard to assume their normal character and behavior. They had to blame others because accepting responsibility for what happened on election night and throughout the whole campaign, accepting responsibility is something nobody in the Democrat Party raised their hands, say, “Yeah, my fault.” No way they were gonna do that; this was that bad.

This is one of the biggest upsets, and it was out there for everybody to see. It was happening right in front of their noses and they refused to see it and look at it. They were telling themselves Trump can’t win, Trump can’t get to 270, Trump can’t win this state, Trump can’t win that state, Trump can’t win the debate, Trump’s not gonna last three weeks, Trump this, Trump that. So now the self-delusion, the new self-delusion is that Russia hacked the election, and the FBI director is helping feed that delusion.

He started an investigation of people close to a likely Republican nominee for president. He set up a situation where Trump could possibly be named as a dreaded unindicted coconspirator in an election where the only fault Donald Trump has is being a better candidate and a better organizer and a more likable person than Hillary Clinton. I guess they’re on their way to trying to criminalize that now.

These people have a lot to answer for. As I said yesterday, the Russians have not succeeded in undermining the integrity of American elections. The Democrat Party and its allies throughout the federal bureaucracy are doing that all by themselves.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34