Author Topic: Trump Threatens House Republicans: Pass Trumpcare, Or Else  (Read 319 times)

Silver Pines

Trump Threatens House Republicans: Pass Trumpcare, Or Else
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:49:28 pm »
Trump Threatens House Republicans: Pass Trumpcare, Or Else

By Ben Shapiro
March 21. 2017

President Trump doesn’t have the patience or the inclination for a drawn-out negotiation over Trumpcare. And that’s why he’s now threatening Senators and Congresspeople with primaries should they not pass his signature Obamacare repeal-and-replace, which truly amounts to Obamacare Lite.

According to CNN’s MJ Lee:

MJ Lee‏Verified account
@mj_lee

WH message to senators today:  the legislation is done & there are not going to be any more changes, according to Lee aide.

Meeting on the Hill with House members today, Trump said that his crowd size would dissipate if Republicans didn’t pass his bill. “We won’t have these crowds if we don’t get this done,” he said. He turned on the House Freedom Caucus – some of his biggest backers during the election cycle – and said that loss wasn’t “acceptable,” specifically targeting Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) for scrutiny. He added, “I honestly think many of you will lose your seats in 2018 if you don’t get this done.”

This is doubtful.

Read more at:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14621/trump-threatens-house-republicans-pass-trumpcare-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Trump Threatens House Republicans: Pass Trumpcare, Or Else
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:59:47 pm »
Once upon a time, looking back on when he managed a human time bomb of a pitcher named
Joaquin Andujar (may his soul rest in peace), Whitey Herzog described it thus: When you've
got to ride the tiger in life, stay on his back as long as you can. If you asked me to rate my
managing, I might say, "Hell, I rode a sabertooth for five years, got a lot of miles out of him,
and never ended up inside until the end. I must have done something right."

The Republicans rode a sabertooth named Donaldus Minimus back to the White House. They're
liable to end up inside theirs a lot sooner than Whitey Herzog ended up inside his.

That was then: a president might jab Congress to passing what he wants by saying, "Do the
right thing." This is now: "Pass it or else." Both would be wrong, since there's nothing in the
Constitution requiring Congress to pass legislation the president can only recommend,
but few are the presidents who think they were given a bludgeon with which to beat a
Congress into submission.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:03:14 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.