Author Topic: Hawaii judge thumbs nose at AG Sessions: yes, my order applies to refugee ceiling/moratorium  (Read 414 times)

rangerrebew

Hawaii judge thumbs nose at AG Sessions: yes, my order applies to refugee ceiling/moratorium

Posted by Ann Corcoran on March 20, 2017

You probably heard on the news over the weekend that the Department of Justice sought clarification from Obama’s friend, Judge Derrick Watson, in Hawaii and asked if he really meant to include a stop order on the President’s 120-day moratorium on refugee admissions and the FY17 ceiling reduction when he was aiming at the travel freeze.

The travel issue and the refugee admissions issue are two separate things. For the time being, take the so-called ‘travel ban’ from six countries out of your mind. It is not the main subject of this blog or what I want to try to make clear to readers (and the lazy, ignorant press).

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/hawaii-judge-thumbs-nose-at-ag-sessions-yes-my-order-applies-to-refugee-ceilingmoratorium/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:50:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guess I remain confused how a district judge's ruling affects anything other than his district. He is far beyond his authority to make this a nationwide order, much less rewriting 40 y/o existing law.
The Republic is lost.