Author Topic: Theresa May tells Vogue about 'gentleman' Donald Trump  (Read 320 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Theresa May tells Vogue about 'gentleman' Donald Trump
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:04:45 am »
Theresa May insists Donald Trump was "being a gentleman" when he held her hand during her US visit shortly after he became 45th president.

In an interview with the style magazine American Vogue, she says: "We were about to walk down a ramp, and he said it might be a bit awkward."

Asked what she made of Mr Trump, she adds: "I like to think we got on."

Mrs May also admits that at home she cooks and her husband Philip, a banker, loads the dishwasher.

In the wide-ranging article, the prime minister appears in a series of photographs by Annie Leibovitz and answers questions on a variety of issues, including the constant comparison between her and the only other British female PM, Margaret Thatcher.

"There can only ever be one Margaret Thatcher," she says. "I'm Theresa May. I do things my way."

Asked what she made of Donald Trump during their first meeting in Washington DC visit in January, Mrs May said: "I like to think we got on.

"I mean, obviously he has, uh... it was a stunning election victory, in that he's someone who has not been involved in politics."

Pressed on whether she confronted the president about his comments about women, which she had previously described as "unacceptable", she replied: "Well, I don't... We don't comment on private conversations that take place.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39333131
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink