Author Topic: Tomi Lahren suspended by the Blaze after abortion stance controversy  (Read 1733 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tomi Lahren suspended by the Blaze after abortion stance controversy
posted at 6:21 pm on March 20, 2017 by John Sexton

Tomi Lahren has reportedly been suspended from her show at the Blaze after a controversy erupted over her decision to announce she was pro-choice on the View last week. From the Daily Caller:

Lahren’s show is suspended for effect for at least one week starting Monday, according to TheDC’s sources. A source with direct knowledge of the situation previously told TheDC that Lahren’s contract with the company goes until September, but that she may leave the company before then.

more
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/20/tomi-lahren-suspended-by-the-blaze-after-pro-choice-controversy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Tomi Lahren suspended by the Blaze after abortion stance controversy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:43 pm »
Related:

Tomi Lahren’s Incoherent Abortion Flip-Flop Smells Of Opportunism
Step aside, Wendy Davis; there’s a new abortion Barbie in Texas.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/20/tomi-lahrens-incoherent-abortion-flip-flop-smells-opportunism/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:58:51 pm »
"Pro-choice" is a disgusting euphemism.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 12:04:03 am »
Pro-Choice? Tomi is more like Pro-Stupid. She is easily the most vapid on air commentator since Janine Garafalo was on Airhead America. Stupid is actually too nice a word.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:06:11 am »
Until this current kerfluffle, I'd never heard of nor seen her. Don't you have to pay to watch the Blaze? Allrightsir, that's why I don't watch it.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:15:18 am »
Until this current kerfluffle, I'd never heard of nor seen her. Don't you have to pay to watch the Blaze? Allrightsir, that's why I don't watch it.  :laugh:

I have it on my cable line up. It's worth it just to see what Dana is wearing any given night. She's hot.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:40:31 pm »
Tomi Lahren’s Show Suspended After Her Comments
By Officer Blue On March 21, 2017
Blue Lives Matter
Tomi Lahren’s show has been suspended from The Blaze after Glenn Beck disagreed with her reasoning that limited government and pro-choice can go hand-in-hand.

Washington Post reports that on “The View” on Friday, Tomi Lahren, a supporter of law enforcement and friend of Blue Lives Matter, said that as a supporter of limited government, it would be hypocritical of her to believe that the government should be involved in the choices that women make with their bodies.  ...

It makes absolutely no sense that The Blaze would suspend Tomi after disagreeing with her opinion one time, when for the past year and a half, Tomi’s show on The Blaze was based on voicing her opinions.

Whether you agree or not with Tomi Lahren’s stance on abortion, we see no reason to suspend the show of one of the country’s best political commentators. Lahren should continue to do what she does best: say exactly what’s on her mind without having to worry about who might disagree with her.

Blue Lives Matter appreciates Tomi Lahren’s continued support for law enforcement during a time when it’s more politically popular to attack us, and she should be allowed to voice her opinion uncensored.  ...
Read the rest.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 02:04:56 pm »
IMO, she's done this to 'prove' to Robert Murdoch that she's not another Sean Hannity.

I only mean that in a sense, they don't want another rigid Conservative in the evening FOX lineup.

Lahren going pro-choice brightens her star.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 11:11:42 pm »
Only 24, I guess the Blaze or One American Now are not the big stations but still. Disappointing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 11:20:46 pm »

In a dark sort of way.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 11:58:53 pm »
I wonder if she did this so she can leave Beck's network.   
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:48 am »
IMO, she's done this to 'prove' to Robert Murdoch that she's not another Sean Hannity.

I only mean that in a sense, they don't want another rigid Conservative in the evening FOX lineup.

Really? She lost the only on air job she will probably ever have. She is very fake looking. Her delivery is stilted and expressionless. She looks dead behind the eyes. She has no point of view thinking person wants to hear.

She is finished for good......thankfully. Now she can follow her true calling. Spinning around a brass pole.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 12:45:39 am »

According to some sources, Reagan and Trump changed their opinions on the issue, over time. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 01:41:07 am »
Really? She lost the only on air job she will probably ever have. She is very fake looking. Her delivery is stilted and expressionless. She looks dead behind the eyes. She has no point of view thinking person wants to hear.

She is finished for good......thankfully. Now she can follow her true calling. Spinning around a brass pole.

I'll betcha she lands with FOX.

Rush Limbaugh interviewed her in the last Limbaugh Letter.  He highly praised her.

I think as soon as she sheds the stupid long blond blah hairstyle and goes 'Megyn' on us, you 'see' a different, more mature, more convincing Tomi.

You're being too hard on her, Frank.

...you wish.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 01:56:22 am »
According to some sources, Reagan and Trump changed their opinions on the issue, over time.

Over time? People are still paying off vacuum cleaners from Sears with the amount of "time" this moron has been in the job market.

Lahren grew up in Rapid City, South Dakota, in a military family, and attended Central High School.[5][6] She is of German and Norwegian descent.[7] Lahren graduated from University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2014 and moved to San Diego shortly thereafter. She also hosted and was an associate producer for the political roundtable show, The Scramble, for her university's television program.[8] Lahren interned for Republican congresswoman Kristi Noem, serving as the first intern for Noem's Rapid City office.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomi_Lahren

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 11:59:54 pm »
I see the same people who tried to sell us the notion that Donald Trump was going to be the best and most conservative president since sliced bread are also now trying to sell us on the virtues of Tomi Lahren.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:33 am »
Lahren graduated from University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2014
I daresay she makes Chelsea Clinton seem experienced.  :pondering:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 12:08:16 am »
I see the same people who tried to sell us the notion that Donald Trump was going to be the best and most conservative president since sliced bread are also now trying to sell us on the virtues of Tomi Lahren.

First off, sliced bread is a Leftist thing because Libs are too lazy and stupid to use knives. Second of all, Tomi Lehren is an idiot.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 12:19:38 am »
I actually enjoy most of her video comentary, and when sharing this conservative Barbie's videos on facebook people actually click on it to watch. I did say most, on some issues she is a bit too Libertarian for me.   
I do think she should stick with these short facebook videos. She doesnt have the talent yet for her 30 min Blaze show.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 12:31:20 am »
First off, sliced bread is a Leftist thing because Libs are too lazy and stupid to use knives. Second of all, Tomi Lehren is an idiot.
No arguing here. :thumbsup2:

I remember back when I was trying to break into the television business. There were plenty of Tomi Lahren types: perhaps not as obnoxious on-air, but certainly the same types: blonde hair, fake tans, general lack of competence. One of them, fresh out of college, hosted the local morning TV newscast. She constantly could not keep a straight face at the slightest lame humor. The poor meteorologist, an experienced, level-headed straight man—I felt sorry for him. He ended up in Pittsburgh. After only one year, that bubble-headed anchor ended up in major market Philadelphia.

There were a couple other people, too—ones where I actually applied for the same jobs as they did. They had no qualifications. They weren't very competent at their jobs when I saw them. I stood aghast, wondering how these people could get these jobs when I couldn't even find someone willing to give me an interview. I would've understood if I had lost out to equal or better candidates—after all, this was the recession, newsrooms were closing and jobs, especially at the entry level, were extremely hard to come by—but this was ridiculous! Even in my class, the women had easier times getting hired, and they were mostly blondes or ended up dyeing their hair blonde.

I've moved on since then, but the whole fiasco taught me a very painful lesson about the entertainment industry. It's part of the reason I hold such a bad grudge against her. To a certain extent, it's very personal for me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 01:01:34 am »
No arguing here. :thumbsup2:

I remember back when I was trying to break into the television business. There were plenty of Tomi Lahren types: perhaps not as obnoxious on-air, but certainly the same types: blonde hair, fake tans, general lack of competence. One of them, fresh out of college, hosted the local morning TV newscast. She constantly could not keep a straight face at the slightest lame humor. The poor meteorologist, an experienced, level-headed straight man—I felt sorry for him. He ended up in Pittsburgh. After only one year, that bubble-headed anchor ended up in major market Philadelphia.

There were a couple other people, too—ones where I actually applied for the same jobs as they did. They had no qualifications. They weren't very competent at their jobs when I saw them. I stood aghast, wondering how these people could get these jobs when I couldn't even find someone willing to give me an interview. I would've understood if I had lost out to equal or better candidates—after all, this was the recession, newsrooms were closing and jobs, especially at the entry level, were extremely hard to come by—but this was ridiculous! Even in my class, the women had easier times getting hired, and they were mostly blondes or ended up dyeing their hair blonde.

I've moved on since then, but the whole fiasco taught me a very painful lesson about the entertainment industry. It's part of the reason I hold such a bad grudge against her. To a certain extent, it's very personal for me.

@jmyrlefuller, I can certainly understand that the way you've explained it, but remember your grudge hurts no one but you and yours.