Author Topic: Mark Cuban: Amend U.S. Constitution to Make Healthcare a Right  (Read 22971 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Mark Cuban: Amend U.S. Constitution to Make Healthcare a Right
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:25 am »
   Good points, all, @INVAR and they certainly explain your desire to continue ripping his head off, who am I to say otherwise.

I respect this in particular.

I guess at this stage, I prefer to call things what they are ... directly.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2017, 02:34:24 am »
  My best guess @bigheadfred is that the Lobbyist representing the Insurance companies, Doctors, Hospitals, Equipment Manufacturers and the Pharmaceutical companies were there for even more favorable treatment and GOV handouts.  Hell, even the AMA and AARP was against it.
   But I have been wrong on many occasions.

So, exactly the sort of thing the Constitution is supposed to prevent. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2017, 02:57:17 am »
So, exactly the sort of thing the Constitution is supposed to prevent.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Largesse is something that lobbyists from big corporations understand as readily as the ghetto monkeys on welfare driving Escalades wearing $500 gym shoes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2017, 07:30:11 pm »
INVAR is a disgrace.  And so are you.     

:bigsilly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: