Author Topic: Reports find that immigrants commit less crime than US-born citizens  (Read 924 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reports find that immigrants commit less crime than US-born citizens
By Rafael Bernal - 03/19/17 08:00 AM EDT

Immigrants commit crimes and are incarcerated at a much lower rate than U.S. citizens, according to two separate studies released this week.

A study by The Sentencing Project, a criminal justice research and advocacy group, found that "foreign-born residents of the United States commit crime less often than native born citizens."

Another study, by the libertarian Cato Institute, compares incarceration rates by migratory status, ethnicity and gender.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/324607-reports-find-that-immigrants-commit-less-crime-than-us-born-citizens
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
uh huh

Using the logic here I should get some real estate listings and go pick me out a new house and move in. Why should anyone care? What is the harm?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Lando Lincoln

In the zero-sum equation, we wouldn't have this extra crime if these immigrants weren't here. This is stats manipulation, pure and simple.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Is this about actual immigrants vs US born citizens or is it about illegal aliens vs US born citizens? 

If it's the latter it's a flat out lie!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
In the zero-sum equation, we wouldn't have this extra crime if these immigrants weren't here. This is stats manipulation, pure and simple.

They are ignoring the fact that illegals are illegals. 20+ million ready made criminals.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

I read the entire article to get the statistics.  Here is what is wrong with them:
Every illegal immigrant has broken our law by being in this country, they are criminals, so they should all be in jail, awaiting their deportment.  Now, add that criminal number to the illegal total here and you get millions of criminals per their total number.

For some reason, these illegal criminals are not thought of as criminals. 

Online mountaineer

They are ignoring the fact that illegals are illegals. 20+ million ready made criminals.
Exactly. They committed a crime the minute they crossed the border, irrespective of whether they committed any subsequent ones.

As for legal immigrants - those who followed all the rules, perhaps in the hope of becoming citizens - yeah, not so likely to commit crimes. Two legal immigrants, both college professors (from S. Africa and Canada), live up the street from me. I'm sure they're keeping their noses clean, so to speak.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Exactly. They committed a crime the minute they crossed the border, irrespective of whether they committed any subsequent ones.

As for legal immigrants - those who followed all the rules, perhaps in the hope of becoming citizens - yeah, not so likely to commit crimes. Two legal immigrants, both college professors (from S. Africa and Canada), live up the street from me. I'm sure they're keeping their noses clean, so to speak.  :pondering:

They better be. Or they are committing cultural appropriation. A vewy seewies cwime.

Offline skeeter

How much crime committed by illegals against other illegals goes unreported? How much harder is it for law enforcement to catch a criminal with no paper trail, no record of even being in the country?

BS article.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Brought to us by the same people that tell us illegal aliens contribute more than they take? I think they have a whole book of these reports it's called
 "Liberal Fairy Tales and the Fools That Believe Them".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Reports find that immigrants commit less crime than US-born citizens
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »
Great example of fake news.

This study examines academic and government research on the question of immigrant crime. New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality, while older academic research found low rates. The overall picture of immigrants and crime remains confused due to a lack of good data and contrary information. However, the newer government data indicate that there are legitimate public safety reasons for local law enforcement to work with federal immigration authorities.

Among the findings:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) estimates that immigrants (legal and illegal) comprise 20 percent of inmates in prisons and jails. The foreign-born are 15.4 percent of the nation’s adult population.
However, DHS has not provided a detailed explanation of how the estimates were generated.

http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime