Author Topic: A Blood Test for Autism  (Read 484 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A Blood Test for Autism
« on: March 18, 2017, 01:24:49 pm »
An algorithm based on levels of metabolites found in a blood sample can accurately predict whether a child is on the Autism spectrum of disorder (ASD), based upon a recent study. The algorithm, developed by researchers at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, is the first physiological test for autism and opens the door to earlier diagnosis and potential future development of therapeutics.

“Instead of looking at individual metabolites, we investigated patterns of several metabolites and found significant differences between metabolites of children with ASD and those that are neurotypical. These differences allow us to categorize whether an individual is on the Autism spectrum,” said Juergen Hahn, lead author, systems biologist, professor, and head of the Rensselaer Department of Biomedical Engineering. “By measuring 24 metabolites from a blood sample, this algorithm can tell whether or not an individual is on the Autism spectrum, and even to some degree where on the spectrum they land.”

- See more at: https://news.rpi.edu/content/2017/03/16/blood-test-autism#sthash.fsGyWueX.dpuf
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley