Author Topic: Brazil meat-packing giants 'exported rotten beef'  (Read 491 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Brazil meat-packing giants 'exported rotten beef'
« on: March 18, 2017, 01:22:50 pm »
The authorities in Brazil suspended 33 government officials amid allegations that some of the country's biggest meat processors have been selling rotten beef and poultry for years.

Three meat processing plants have also been closed and another 21 are under scrutiny.

Much of the meat produced by the companies accused is exported to Europe and other parts of the world.

Brazil is the world's largest red meat exporter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-39311336
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline thackney

Re: Brazil meat-packing giants 'exported rotten beef'
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 01:39:01 pm »
Wow!

...They accuse more than 30 companies of a number of unhygienic practices. Among them are JBS, the world's largest beef exporter, and BRF, the world's top poultry producer....

..."They used acid and other chemicals to mask the aspect of the product. In some cases, the products used were carcinogenic," the police said.

In other cases, potato, water and even cardboard paper was mixed with chicken meat to increase profits....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Brazil meat-packing giants 'exported rotten beef'
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »
Wow!

Product labeling/country of origin is a must.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley