Author Topic: Cutting jobs is a 'very serious sin', says pope  (Read 624 times)

rangerrebew

Cutting jobs is a 'very serious sin', says pope
« on: March 17, 2017, 05:42:24 pm »
AFP
news@thelocal.it   
16 March 2017
08:34 CET+01:00

Closing factories and cutting jobs can constitute a "very serious sin", Pope Francis said on Wednesday in his latest broadside in defence of labour rights.

His comment was made in support of staff at the Italian branch of Sky television who are currently involved in a dispute over 200 redundancies and 300 relocations.

"I spare a special thought to the staff of Sky Italia and I hope that a rapid solution is found that respects the rights of everyone, especially families," Francis said at the end of his midweek audience in St Peter's Square.

https://www.thelocal.it/20170316/cutting-jobs-is-a-very-serious-sin-says-pope
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 05:43:16 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Cutting jobs is a 'very serious sin', says pope
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 05:44:02 pm »
Which version of the Bible did he use?  I don't remember seeing this in any I've seen. :whistle:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 05:54:42 pm »
So cutting jobs is a serious sin, huh? Hmm. I wonder if that is a more serious sin than claiming to believe in God when you are really an atheist and even worse, are supposed to be the leader of Catholicism? I wonder if any of that is a sin.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:57:17 pm »
Lighten up. This is the pope who wears underwear in the shower so he doesn't look down at the unemployed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 05:58:39 pm »
Wow this dumbass pope is now in the commandment business.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 06:01:32 pm »
Which version of the Bible did he use?  I don't remember seeing this in any I've seen. :whistle:

@rangerrebew

This is what he said ""Anyone who, through economic manoeuvring or by negotiating deals that are not clear, closes factories or companies and takes people's jobs away is committing a very serious sin.""

I would agree there are circumstances where the bean counters do things which are harmful to people and are the product of greed.  If he meant then he should have been clearer. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 01:36:27 am »
"Cutting jobs is a 'very serious sin', says pope"

The real "sin" here falls upon the shoulders of the College of Cardinals who elected this marxist neo-priest to be the leader of The Catholic Church.

Too bad they don't have "Papal Recall Enclaves" … ;)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 01:49:39 am »
What a shocking thing it will be for Catholics when this Pope is replaced by an actual religious Pope who cares about things like God, Christ, and Christianity.

I can picture many Catholics scratching their heads and muttering, Christ?, Christianity? What is this? What is he talking about? I want to hear more about God's position on Climate Change and oil pipelines. lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:53:25 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 11:42:19 am »

James 5:1-6 NIV

1 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.
2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.
3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.
4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.
6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley