Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 3/17***  (Read 2823 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 3/17***
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:09:12 pm »
Happy St. Patricks Day All

Ah....let's start if off with a good pun.

Right?

What did you say?

So that's what's at the end of the rainbow...

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: ***THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY SILLINESS FOR 3/17***
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 01:18:46 pm »

:beer: PINGALING LIST – Let me know if you want on or off!!  :lotsosmileys: [/font]
@1poxgi@AbaraXas  - @Acemodean  - @alicewonders  - @andy58-in-nh  - @An@annieokie  - @ArneFufkin  - @austingirl  - @berferdt  -  @BigHomer - @Bigun@bob434@bolobaby@bootless@catfish1957@CatherineofAragon@cato potatoe  -  @chae@Charlespg@Chasaway@ConstitutionRose@Cowboyway@CSM  - @Cyber Liberty -   @DCPatriot@Dexter@Diamond6@DiogenesLamp@Doug Loss  -  @DrewsDad@driftdiver@EasyAce@EC@Eowyn@ExFreeper@Fishrrman@Frank Cannon  -  @Free Vulcan  -  @Freya -   @GilesB@goatprairie@gorush - @Gov Bean Counter  -  @GrouchoTex@guitar4jesus@HAPPY2BME@Hoodat@Idaho_Cowboy@INVAR@IsailedawayfromFR@Jazzhead@jmyrlefuller@Just_Victor@Kaslin@kevindavis@kidd@Kinsman Redeemer  -  @kjam22 -   @Lando Lincoln  -  @Leto@libertybele@LonestarDream@LottieDah@M1078@Machiavelli@MACVSOG68@Maj. Bill Martin  -  @MajorClay@Major Confusion@Manic Episode  -  @markomalley@MBB1984@mcjordansc@MeshugeMikey@Millee@Minarch@mirraflake@mlizzy@montanajoe@mountaineer@mrpotatohead@mystery-ak@Neverdul@Nickname -   @Oceander@PinkFlipFlops@plewis1250@pogo101@Polly Tix  -  @pookie18@PROCON@r9etb@rangerrebew@rb224315@RedHead@Relic@Resp3@RetBobbyMI@Richardtavor@Rikki Tikki Tavi  -  @roamer_1@rodamala@RoosGirl -  @Salem Poor  -  @Sanguine@ScottinVA@ShadowAce@sinkspur@SirLinksALot@sitetest@skeeter@Smokin Joe  -  @sneakypete@Springfield Reformer  -  @Stargazer@starstruck@stevekrz@Suppressed@SZonian@Texas Yellow Rose  - @the_doc@TheMom@ThePatriotFile@The_Reader_David@Timber Rattler  -  @TomSea@truth_seeker@TurkeyLurkey@TXnTX@txradioguy - @uglybiker@Variant@verga@Victoria33@WAC@washi@Weird Tolkienish Figure  -  @Wingnut

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 01:21:02 pm »
Woohoo!!  It's been a long week.....

Offline ShadowAce

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 01:26:24 pm »
An Irishman moves into a tiny hamlet in County Cork, walks into the pub and promptly orders three pints. The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three pints, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man has finished the three pints and orders three more. This happens yet again. The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town is whispering about the Man Who Orders Three Pints.

Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why you always order three pints?"

"Tis odd, isn't it?" the man replies. "You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two pints whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond."

The bartender and the whole town were pleased with this answer, and soon the Man Who Orders Three Pints became a local celebrity and source of pride to the hamlet, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him drink.

Then, on St. Patrick's day, the man comes in and orders only two pints. The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening. He orders only two pints. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The bartender says to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two pints and all.

The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well. It's just that I, me, myself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 01:45:57 pm »
And, a happy St. Patrick's Friday to you all.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 01:50:51 pm »
What is White, Irish and stays out all night?....
Pati O' furniture

Did you hear about the Irish feminist?

Erin Go Braghless
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 04:00:19 pm »
Time to celebrate the Irish heritage I have in me background somewheres.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 04:29:09 pm »
Time to celebrate the Irish heritage I have in me background somewheres.

Just for S & G's anyone else done their Ancestry profile?

Based on mine....My 23% Irish wishes everyone else a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:34:34 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 04:30:28 pm »

My 23% Irish wishes everyone else a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!

I have, and I am appropriately qualified to celebrate today.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 05:34:55 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 05:39:57 pm »
An Irishman is struggling to find a parking space.

"Lord," he prayed. "I can't stand this. If you open a space up for me, I swear I'll give up the Guinness and go to mass every Sunday."

Suddenly, the clouds part and the sun shines on an empty parking spot. Without hesitation, the Irishman says: "Never mind, I found one!"
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 05:46:02 pm »
I have, and I am appropriately qualified to celebrate today.

I never needed Ancestry.com to know I qualify.  The surprise in the Cyber household was when Mrs. Liberty sent her DNA test to Ancestry.com, she was surprised to learn she also qualifies.  She had always thought she was Scandinavian.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 05:53:49 pm »
I never needed Ancestry.com to know I qualify.  The surprise in the Cyber household was when Mrs. Liberty sent her DNA test to Ancestry.com, she was surprised to learn she also qualifies.  She had always thought she was Scandinavian.

Why a surprise? The Danes (generic name, not the actual nation) ruled Ireland for 300 years, nigh on. Lot of cross breeding in that time.

I know too many Irish jokes to count.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:01 pm »
Why a surprise? The Danes (generic name, not the actual nation) ruled Ireland for 300 years, nigh on. Lot of cross breeding in that time.

I know too many Irish jokes to count.

Yes, the map they sent showed a very large area, so I told her obviously the Danes kicked some Irish butt centuries ago.  It seems if somebody isn't kicking the Irish butt, we're busy kicking it ourselves.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:12:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 06:14:10 pm »

And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all.

The one and only day of the year I slave in the kitchen making my delicious Guinness Irish Beef Stew. About an hour of prep time, and another 3 hours getting happy in the oven, while I drink any unused ingredients. In the end the richest tasting stew you have ever had.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »

Based on mine....My 23% Irish wishes everyone else a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!

I have Irish and Scot-Irish in my background..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 06:18:14 pm »

The one and only day of the year I slave in the kitchen making my delicious Guinness Irish Beef Stew. About an hour of prep time, and another 3 hours getting happy in the oven, while I drink any unused ingredients. In the end the richest tasting stew you have ever had.

Oh my.  What time should we be there for dinner??  That looks amazing.

Also, is that a Jenn-Air you're cooking on?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:19:15 pm by Polly Ticks »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 06:22:51 pm »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 06:24:34 pm »

How good is the DNA test???

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 06:31:10 pm »

I have Irish and Scot-Irish in my background..

Scot-Irish, English, German, & Swede here.  On my Scot-Irish side we are direct decedents of Robert the Bruce King of Scotland.  Great records were kept of that line thankfully. Even have pictures of the castle my ancestors had prior to the family ending up in Ulster (Northern Ireland), and a Golf Course still under the family name. My GGGG Grandfather came to America from Ireland prior to 1750 and was a wagoneer under George Washington during the French Indian War surviving the Braddock’s Defeat battle with Washington. He served in the Revolution too, fighting at Kings Mountain SC.  He lived to be 102, and his tombstone still stands today.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »

I have no idea.  I told her that to me it was on a par with the Horoscopes in the morning paper.  "For amusement purposes only!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »
Now this is funny.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:38 pm »

I had mine bought and paid for by family researchers in the Southeast (a group of old gals) who were excited to find a male decedent of the line they were studying. Males provide the best proved DNA tracking. They were trying to find out if my family line was linked in any way with another family line of the same last name they were part of. It did not.     But as far as the DNA test, it was a bit difficult to understand fully. Its a science in itself.  Not simple laymen's terms like the commercials you see. You've seen them - "Oh wow! this shows I can trade my Liderhosein for a Kilt.".  Finding out what ethnic groups you are part of is the simple part. Its a lot more complicated than that when determining if your DNA markers match others.   

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 07:07:26 pm »

Um....Recipe Please? :seeya: