Author Topic: Fiance of woman killed in crash with undocumented immigrant says President Trump called him  (Read 390 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fiance of woman killed in crash with undocumented immigrant says President Trump called him
 By Staff reports

Posted: 03/15/17, 9:44 PM PDT

An Arleta man whose fiancee was killed in a car crash last month allegedly by an undocumented immigrant who had been deported five times said he has received words of encouragement from President Donald Trump.

Rodrigo Macias appeared on the television news program “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday morning to discuss the death of his fiancee, Sandra Duran, 42.

After appearing on the program, Macias said he received a telephone call from Trump, who offered him and the family his condolences and urged them to “stay strong.” Trump also said he’s fighting hard to secure the nation’s borders and to combat sanctuary cities.

“It tells you a lot about this president,” Macias, a real estate broker, said during a telephone interview with the Southern California News Group on Wednesday evening. “You can’t have the local mayor do that, but the president of the U.S. went out of his way to do that. I’m very glad my fiancée and I voted for him. In fact, I’m extremely happy.”

Continued: http://www.dailynews.com/social-affairs/20170315/fiance-of-woman-killed-in-crash-with-undocumented-immigrant-says-president-trump-called-him