Author Topic: 5 Ways to Get Movement Into Your Day  (Read 329 times)

rangerrebew

5 Ways to Get Movement Into Your Day
« on: March 15, 2017, 11:22:27 am »
5 Ways to Get Movement Into Your Day
September 16, 2016   jogblog   One comment   

Before I emigrated to the countryside, I – like many others – was office-bound, spending many hours sitting down staring at a screen. Ironically though, I was at my lightest then because I was an expert at getting exercise into my day without really trying. Here are my tips for getting some exercise into your working day:

1. Get off the bus/tube earlier

http://www.jog-blog.co.uk/2016/09/16/5-ways-to-get-movement-into-your-day/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:23:07 am by rangerrebew »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: 5 Ways to Get Movement Into Your Day
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:10:01 pm »
2-3 prunes first thing in the morning... :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

Re: 5 Ways to Get Movement Into Your Day
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 01:46:21 pm »
1} Forget something in the car so you can come back out and get it after you punch in... and take your time getting back inside.

2) Separate trips to the break room for donuts and coffee... and take your time getting back to you cubicle. This should on average result in 4 trips to the break room becoming 12 trips (and about 45  minutes sauntering back to your cubicle)

3) Eat too much cheese the night before (like maybe a half a lasagne) so your trip to the rest room for the 10:30 express will be more of a workout... Of course, followed by a leisurely time on a nearby couch (you'll HAVE to rest after all that)

4) Volunteer to walk a package to another business down the block, and take the long way back... right past the corner pub (all that walking will make you thirsty, and a greasy burger will fix the beer breath). Take your time the rest of the way back - hurrying with a full stomach is bad for digestion.

5) Finally, since it's at least 3:30 by now, take a tour of the maintenance closet with that cute girl in the secretarial pool, and try to figure out something calisthenic to do together... use your imagination. Be creative. There MUST be something...

Sheesh! This exercise crap is a piece of cake! Ooh! CAKE. Good idea.