Author Topic: Dr. David Ludwig on high-carb vs low-carb vs slow-carb diets  (Read 476 times)

rangerrebew

Dr. David Ludwig on high-carb vs low-carb vs slow-carb diets
« on: March 15, 2017, 11:18:50 am »
Dr. David Ludwig on high-carb vs low-carb vs slow-carb diets
by Michael Eades

I came across this short talk Dr. David Ludwig gave on some of his research on the difference between high-carb, low-carb, and slow-carb diets.  The presentation is a great summary of the calories-in/calories-out way of thinking of dieting versus the alternative hypothesis, which is that carbs drive insulin, and insulin drives fat storage.  Dr. Ludwig discusses some of his own research on the many physiological changes that take place when substituting carbs that absorb more slowly for those that rapidly absorb. I learned a few things from this lecture, so I figured it was worthwhile to pass along.  It is very much worth the short time it takes to watch.  I’ve put up the show notes and my comments and summary below.

https://proteinpower.com/drmike/2017/03/11/dr-david-ludwig-high-carb-vs-low-carb-vs-slow-carb-diets/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+drmikenutritionblog+%28The+Blog+of+Michael+R.+Eades%2C+M.D.%29
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:19:22 am by rangerrebew »