Author Topic: Northern Ireland: Sinn Fein's Martina Anderson tells Theresa May to 'stick Brexit border where the sun doesn't shine'  (Read 1283 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sinn Fein's Martina Anderson tells Theresa May to 'stick Brexit border where the sun doesn't shine'

Sinn Fein MEP Martina Anderson has rejected any kind of border in Ireland after Brexit, telling Theresa May she can 'stick it where the sun doesn't shine'.

Addressing the European parliament on Monday Ms Anderson said: "Theresa, your notion of a border, hard and soft, stick it where the sun doesn't shine 'cos you're not putting it in Ireland."

Continued: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/brexit/sinn-feins-martina-anderson-tells-theresa-may-to-stick-brexit-border-where-the-sun-doesnt-shine-35530756.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:45:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
She's Sinn Fein, I have come across radical politicians in the Republic of Ireland itself but what I find might not be too positive.

Israel bars 13 MEPs from visiting Gaza
She was barred.

I'm not going to link because I don't know what kinds of websites these are.

What it looks like to me, is radical; like the IRA was radical back in the '70s and had sympathies with people like the PLO, maybe Castro's Cuba, things like that.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
She spent 13 years in the nick for various terrorist offenses, including one bombing. Was implicated in the Brighton bombing but never formally convicted. At the time of her release (thanks to the Good Friday agreement, not time served) she was one of only two Category A women prisoners in the UK. Category A is what we call the irredeemable violent ones.

She's an MEP - not an MP. Important distinction, she has absolutely zero say in the governing of the UK, and is about to lose her power base completely.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:36:36 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

She spent 13 years in the nick for various terrorist offenses, including one bombing. Was implicated in the Brighton bombing but never formally convicted. At the time of her release (thanks to the Good Friday agreement, not time served) she was one of only two Category A women prisoners in the UK. Category A is what we call the irredeemable violent ones.

She's an MEP - not an MP. Important distinction, she has absolutely zero say in the governing of the UK, and is about to lose her power base completely.
:thumbsup2:

geronl

I knew Scottish politics were a bit messed up, but they elected that?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Unfortunately, yes.

The election of MEPs is used by a lot of people to send a "screw you" to whichever government is in power, since MEPs really don't count in any meaningful way. It's how a bunch of Farage's loons got elected - they're all MEPs, not MPs (the only actual MP that UKIP has is Doug Carswell, who was voted in as Conservative Member for Clacton, then switched parties and got revoted in as UKIP. He's a decent guy.).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member