Author Topic: Understanding the Angry Mob at Middlebury That Gave Me a Concussion [On Campus] Allison Stanger  (Read 387 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Understanding the Angry Mob at Middlebury That Gave Me a Concussion
[On Campus]

Allison Stanger

ON CAMPUS MARCH 13, 2017

MIDDLEBURY, Vt. — There’s nothing like a little violence to focus the mind. I am the Middlebury College professor who ended up with whiplash and a concussion for having the audacity to engage with the ideas of Charles Murray, a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute.

Though he is someone with whom I disagree, I welcomed the opportunity to moderate a talk with him on campus on March 2 because several of my students asked me to do so. They know I am a Democrat, but the college courses I teach are nonpartisan. As I wrote on Facebook immediately after the incident, this was a chance to demonstrate publicly a commitment to a free and fair exchange of views in my classroom. But Dr. Murray was drowned out by students who never let him speak, and he and I were attacked and intimidated while trying to leave campus.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/opinion/understanding-the-angry-mob-that-gave-me-a-concussion.html?_r=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

Sounds like she defends the students "Pitchfork populism".  Wonder if she would excuse the KKK for cross burning.