Author Topic: Prominent Rabbi and Minister Call Trump's Authoritarian New Muslim Ban, Which Recalls Earlier US Measures Against Jews, Unconstitutional.  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

Prominent Rabbi and Minister Call Trump's Authoritarian New Muslim Ban, Which Recalls Earlier US Measures Against Jews, Unconstitutional. Roger Algase

by ImmigrationLawBlogs
, 03-12-2017 at 09:23 AM (419 Views)

Leaders of two of America's most prominent religious institutions, Rabbi Burton L. Visotsky of the Jewish Theological Seminary and Rev Bertram Johnson of the Riverside Church (both in New York) have issued a joint statement condemning Donald Trump's revised ban on entry to the US by citizens of six overwhelmingly (in some cases, more than 99 percent) Muslim countries.

Haaretz, one of Israel's leading newspapers, has also compared Trump's attacks on Muslims to the movement to keep Jewish immigrants out of the US in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

http://blogs.ilw.com/entry.php?9767-Prominent-Rabbi-and-Minister-Call-Trump-s-New-Muslim-Ban-Unconstitutional-Ban-Recalls-19th-Cent-Reaction-Against-Jewish-Immigrants-Roger-Algase
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 01:08:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline endicom

...Rabbi Burton L. Visotsky of the Jewish Theological Seminary and Rev Bertram Johnson of the Riverside Church...

More political than religious organizations.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Prominent Rabbi and Minister Call Trump's Authoritarian New Muslim Ban, Which Recalls Earlier US Measures Against Jews, Unconstitutional. Roger Algase

by ImmigrationLawBlogs
, 03-12-2017 at 09:23 AM (419 Views)

Leaders of two of America's most prominent religious institutions, Rabbi Burton L. Visotsky of the Jewish Theological Seminary and Rev Bertram Johnson of the Riverside Church (both in New York) have issued a joint statement condemning Donald Trump's revised ban on entry to the US by citizens of six overwhelmingly (in some cases, more than 99 percent) Muslim countries.

Haaretz, one of Israel's leading newspapers, has also compared Trump's attacks on Muslims to the movement to keep Jewish immigrants out of the US in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

http://blogs.ilw.com/entry.php?9767-Prominent-Rabbi-and-Minister-Call-Trump-s-New-Muslim-Ban-Unconstitutional-Ban-Recalls-19th-Cent-Reaction-Against-Jewish-Immigrants-Roger-Algase
So much blather.  These guys are are not in a position to rule the Constitutionality of a rule unless they are federal judges on the side.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

So much blather.  These guys are are not in a position to rule the Constitutionality of a rule unless they are federal judges on the side.
My first thought, too. I don't ask my mailman for medical advice, and when I need a legal opinion I don't ask a leftwing theologian (keep in mind who previously pastored Riverside).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org