Author Topic: Google's CAPTCHA no longer demands proof you're not a robot  (Read 1819 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Google's CAPTCHA no longer demands proof you're not a robot
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:37:47 pm »

It has been one of the most annoying things about the internet for years: the little security check box that asks you to type out a barely legible phrase to prove you're not a robot.

But the CAPTCHA (Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computers and Humans Apart) could be on its way out after Google invented an invisible version that discreetly monitors browsing patterns to determine whether a website visitor is a human or bot.

CAPTCHAs have been a necessary evil for internet users for years. Many websites require visitors to pass a test confirming they're human to prevent cyber attacks in which bots overload a website with traffic. Others such as Ticketmaster have used it to prevent ticket tout software.

But the CAPTCHA's original form, was a bane of many internet users, forcing them to squint and hazard a guess at a distorted jumble of letters to prove their humanity.

More - and it's neat: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/03/13/google-captcha-no-longer-demands-proof-not-robot/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Google's CAPTCHA no longer demands proof you're not a robot
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:39:29 pm »
Oh good I'm glad the discrimination against robots is ending. Mine feel so triggered when they watch starwars and the droids are kicked out of the bar. Robot lives matter!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 11:48:27 am »
Oh good I'm glad the discrimination against robots is ending. Mine feel so triggered when they watch starwars and the droids are kicked out of the bar. Robot lives matter!

:bigsilly:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 02:59:15 pm »
I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn