Author Topic: Blogger goes on trial for playing 'Pokemon Go' in a church  (Read 347 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Blogger goes on trial for playing 'Pokemon Go' in a church
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:29:48 pm »
MOSCOW (AP) — A trial for the blogger who is accused of inciting religious hatred for playing "Pokemon Go" in a church has begun in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg.

Ruslan Sokolovsky has been in pre-trial detention since October when a court reversed his house arrest.

Investigators have charged the 22-year-old video blogger with inciting religious hatred, the same offense that sent two women from the bleep Riot punk collective to prison for two years in 2012, and insulting the feelings of religious believers.

Sokolovsky posted a video on his blog last year showing him playing the smartphone game in a church built on the supposed spot where the family of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, was killed.

He faces a possible sentence of 7 ½ years in prison if convicted.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7526ec96af1345cb8d53a93be9a89a65/blogger-goes-trial-playing-pokemon-go-church
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

Re: Blogger goes on trial for playing 'Pokemon Go' in a church
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:13:36 am »
And they say Muslims have no sense of proportion.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

Re: Blogger goes on trial for playing 'Pokemon Go' in a church
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:53:46 am »
And they say Muslims have no sense of proportion.

this from a country which outlawed the sharing of faith outside the walls of church (even in your own home)